Pairing with ESP32 and PC

ryuhhh

Pairing with ESP32 and PC

Postby ryuhhh » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:19 am

Hi. I am using an ESP32 module as a BLE server.
I would like to pair with PC via a BLE dongle, but ESP32 does not make pairing with PC although I have downloaded BLE_ADV/GATT Server example.
I would like to know is it possible to pair with PC via a BLE dongle or laptop on Windows 10.

Please let me know anything else related to BLE.

Thank you.
Best regards,

irobux

Re: Pairing with ESP32 and PC

Postby irobux » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:40 pm

Hi,
I am also working on the 05_BLE_Adv example
seiing the main, It seems that only a send paquet feature is present (hci_cmd_send_ble_adv_start which calls API_vhci_host_send_packet ).
I also need to implement the pairing part.
Does some can help us for that guys ?
Thanks
irobux

Corryl

Postby Corryl » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:33 am

The examples are extremely contrived. They will not pair with anything real.

Bluetooth is pretty tough right now, lacking examples. To write Bluetooth code you're going to need to really understand the Bluetooth core spec and bluedroid. (I just finished giving myself a 4 day crash course in both, but I want to make an a2dp device which has even less support!)

Good luck!

tanvipatel

Postby tanvipatel » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:26 am

Corryl wrote:The examples are extremely contrived. They will not pair with anything real.

Bluetooth is pretty tough right now, lacking examples. To write Bluetooth code you're going to need to really understand the Bluetooth core spec and bluedroid. (I just finished giving myself a 4 day crash course in both, but I want to make an a2dp device which has even less support!)

Good luck!
Hi,

i have to pair my android device and ESP32 .. so for paring what should i do??

I used example 14 of esp-idf ,but using that they will only connect with each other not paired.. i need to do paring between them
how can i do that??

Please help me

Thank you
Thank You :)