ESP32 software behaviour during radiated emissions tests

andyn_ff

ESP32 software behaviour during radiated emissions tests

Postby andyn_ff » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:23 pm

Hi,

I would like to find out about the radiated emissions from the ESP32-WROVER-B module, so that I know what to expect for EMC / RED testing of my product when we use the module in our design.

I have found the test report from FCC compliance tests (report number RSHA180425002-00B, for FCC ID 2AC7Z-ESP32WROVERB), and I see some useful results in the 'Radiated Emissions' section (page 17).

The question I have is: What was the behaviour of the ESP32 software for this test? Is the ESP32 software on the module sitting in the IDLE task for this test, or is it continously sending and receiving WI-FI packets, for example, or something else?

I have found the "RF Performance Test Demonstration" document for ESP32, which says how to use the provided test binary and configure test modes, but this does not tell me what the modes used for FCC complicance tests were, and I cannot find this in the test report either.

Thanks for your advice!
Andy Normington

ESP_Peter

Re: ESP32 software behaviour during radiated emissions tests

Postby ESP_Peter » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:06 pm

In the radiated emissions testing, you should select the "TX Continue" test mode in the ESP RF Test Tool . The duty cycle is above 90% in the "TX Continue" mode.

andyn_ff

Re: ESP32 software behaviour during radiated emissions tests

Postby andyn_ff » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:16 pm

Thanks - that's just what I needed.
Andy