D2WD Processor Doesn't Run

Brento

D2WD Processor Doesn't Run

Postby Brento » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:06 pm

I recently had a PCB printed, and was having some difficulty communicating to if via the built in CP2102N chip I added to it.

However, I put a few extra jumpers on the board, and managed to upload the code using a separate CP2102 board.

https://www.robotshop.com/ca/en/cp2102m ... board.html

I just make sure to have GPIO0 grounded when doing the software upload.

However, when I remove the ground to GPIO0, and reset the power, the program does not seem to work. I tried a basic LED blink test on a few different pins, and, simply wanted it to do a Serial.println("beep") in the loop(). Nothing appears on the serial line.

At some point, I have to consider that the PCB is defective if I can't get this to respond. I used 6mil resolution when printing them (they told me it would be sufficient for this processor). Has anyone out there had any success designing a board using one of the ESP32 chips on a custom board? Very frustrated at this point..

rosmianto

Re: D2WD Processor Doesn't Run

Postby rosmianto » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:56 am

Could you show us your schematic? I don't know what's happened, but putting an external pull-up resistor to GPIO0 should make things better.
My EE garage: https://rosmianto.com

Brento

Re: D2WD Processor Doesn't Run

Postby Brento » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:06 am

Just an update..

I finally got the thing working. Turns out my Arduino project settings were incorrect. It MUST be set to Partion Scheme: Minimal (2MB FLASH) when uploading to the D2WD.

I noticed this when it detected 2MB when doing previous upload attempts. For some reason I thought this chip was supposed to have 4MB flash built in, oops.

Things are sorta working now. Will keep you posted if I notice anything else weird.