esp cam is it really useful?

dopelemon

esp cam is it really useful?

Postby dopelemon » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:09 pm

I have released the esp cam with the OV2460 camera, very interested for its apparent versatility and for its price: D: D However, when uploading the test sketch that incorporates its library and its well-known facial recognition I have come across a camera with a lot of interference and of very poor quality.

I have raised the possibility of it being an internet problem since it does not come standard with a good antenna but my devices in the space in which I am working receive maximum connection with good upload and download levels (20mb / s) from what I understand it is disposable. I have also suggested that the fault is the source where I use the same usb-ttl but we are even using a 12v source directly and a 7805 regulator does not work either.

The image I see through the browser is completely choppy with interference and it is only possible to view it at the lowest resolution (QQVGA 160x120), in the upper ones there is not even an image.

Where does the problem lie? The optical sensor has been damaged ... You really need a wifi antenna. The esp32 card itself is damaged ... On the internet you can see incredible results from this equipment and if anyone knows where the problem is, I would be very grateful.

I attach images as an example, they are of resolution (CIF 400x296) they are the "acceptable" limit in relation to the images. Regarding the video from 160x120 it doesn't work.
Attachments
capture (3).jpg
capture (3).jpg (6.45 KiB) Viewed 4461 times
capture (5).jpg
capture (5).jpg (6.54 KiB) Viewed 4461 times

ESP_Sprite

Re: esp cam is it really useful?

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:21 am

Looks like an issue in the communication between the sensor and ESP32... perhaps check your USB cable, it may be too thin allowing for power supply weirdness, also see if you can re-seat the flatcable from the camera into the connector on the PCB again, maybe some crud has come between that. If nothing works, you may have a dud on your hands.

alanesq

Postby alanesq » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:39 am

I own around 7 of the esp32cam modules and have had a couple of the OV2460 camera modules faulty so it could well be your OV2460 has a problem.
but I agree, it is worth making sure the power supply is good as if there is a problem with power you tend to get all sorts of strange behaviour / errors...especially if the wire is very long/thin.
I usually put a good sized capacitor across the 5v feed close to the esp32cam module.

dopelemon

Postby dopelemon » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:32 pm

ESP_Sprite wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:21 am
Looks like an issue in the communication between the sensor and ESP32... perhaps check your USB cable, it may be too thin allowing for power supply weirdness, also see if you can re-seat the flatcable from the camera into the connector on the PCB again, maybe some crud has come between that. If nothing works, you may have a dud on your hands.
Thanks for your advices! However, I think it's broken :? :?

dopelemon

Postby dopelemon » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:34 pm

alanesq wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:39 am
I own around 7 of the esp32cam modules and have had a couple of the OV2460 camera modules faulty so it could well be your OV2460 has a problem.
but I agree, it is worth making sure the power supply is good as if there is a problem with power you tend to get all sorts of strange behaviour / errors...especially if the wire is very long/thin.
I usually put a good sized capacitor across the 5v feed close to the esp32cam module.
Thanks, I will try that!

dopelemon

Postby dopelemon » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:03 pm

I've bought other one and the problem was with camera. Now works great :D :D