ESP32-WROVER tests & issues

loboris

Re: ESP32-WROVER tests & issues

Postby loboris » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:17 am

Ritesh wrote:Now, we want to connect 16 MB external flash into that kit. So do you have pin configuration idea to connect external SPI Flash Memory along with 4 MB Flash memory.? How it can be accessed it? Can it be accessed like total 20 MB Flash memory or in different way?
I don't think it can be easily done, not without modifying the esp-idf flash driver.
Of course, you can connect the external flash to the spi interface, write your own low level driver and use it as spiffs file system.
You could also replace the 4MB flash chip with the 16MB one (1.8V type), it is not easy, but it can be done.
Or, you could probably order ESP32-WROVER with 16MB Flash.
I think AnalogLamb is also preparing the module with psRAM & 16MB Flash.

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:09 am

loboris wrote:
Ritesh wrote:Now, we want to connect 16 MB external flash into that kit. So do you have pin configuration idea to connect external SPI Flash Memory along with 4 MB Flash memory.? How it can be accessed it? Can it be accessed like total 20 MB Flash memory or in different way?
I don't think it can be easily done, not without modifying the esp-idf flash driver.
Of course, you can connect the external flash to the spi interface, write your own low level driver and use it as spiffs file system.
You could also replace the 4MB flash chip with the 16MB one (1.8V type), it is not easy, but it can be done.
Or, you could probably order ESP32-WROVER with 16MB Flash.
I think AnalogLamb is also preparing the module with psRAM & 16MB Flash.
Hi Loboris,

Actually, We are planning to ESP32-WROVER-I module due to external antenna requirement and I am using ESP32-WROVER Kit for analysis support.

So, ESP32-WROVER-I module is same as ESP32-WROVER module in addition to it supports external antenna support which we need for our product development purpose.

Do you have any idea that is there any ESP32-WROVER-I module which has 16 MB Flash instead of 4 MB Flash Memory? or do you have any idea how I can add extra 16 MB SPI Flash Memory and how it can be used from existing SPI Flash Driver?
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

loboris

Postby loboris » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:46 am

Ritesh wrote:Do you have any idea that is there any ESP32-WROVER-I module which has 16 MB Flash instead of 4 MB Flash Memory? or do you have any idea how I can add extra 16 MB SPI Flash Memory and how it can be used from existing SPI Flash Driver?
You can contact Espressif and request the information about ordering ESP32-WROVER-I with 16MB Flash.

As I sed, you can remove the shield and replace 4MB flash with 16MB flash. You have to use 1.8V chip, for example IS25WP128 (ESP32-WROVER uses IS25WP032) or W25Q128FW. It costs only ~1.3 US$ or 2.2 US$ from (possible) more reliable distributor.
IS25WP128 price is a bit higher, 2.88 US$

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:24 pm

loboris wrote:
Ritesh wrote:Do you have any idea that is there any ESP32-WROVER-I module which has 16 MB Flash instead of 4 MB Flash Memory? or do you have any idea how I can add extra 16 MB SPI Flash Memory and how it can be used from existing SPI Flash Driver?
You can contact Espressif and request the information about ordering ESP32-WROVER-I with 16MB Flash.

As I sed, you can remove the shield and replace 4MB flash with 16MB flash. You have to use 1.8V chip, for example IS25WP128 (ESP32-WROVER uses IS25WP032) or W25Q128FW. It costs only ~1.3 US$ or 2.2 US$ from (possible) more reliable distributor.
IS25WP128 price is a bit higher, 2.88 US$

Hi Loboris.,

Thanks for quick reply.

It will be great if anyone from Espressif Developer will help me for this.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi Espressif Developer,

Does anyone has any idea or suggestions to connect and configure second 16 MB SPI flash memory along with 4 MB SPI Flash memory which is attached into ESP32-WROVER-I module?

Can anyone please help me to connect external SPI Flash Support for that module? Also let me know what are the changes required into existing SPI Flash driver to make it combine memory like total 20 MB.

I will be waiting for any feedback and suggestions from Espressif Systems Developer.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:59 pm

Ritesh wrote:Hi Espressif Developer,

Does anyone has any idea or suggestions to connect and configure second 16 MB SPI flash memory along with 4 MB SPI Flash memory which is attached into ESP32-WROVER-I module?

Can anyone please help me to connect external SPI Flash Support for that module? Also let me know what are the changes required into existing SPI Flash driver to make it combine memory like total 20 MB.

I will be waiting for any feedback and suggestions from Espressif Systems Developer.
i am not Espressif Systems Developer
but perhabs this helps

btw
read the esp32 datasheet
ESP32 Datasheet wrote:3.1.3 External Flash and SRAM
ESP32 supports up to four 16-MB external QSPI flashes and SRAMs with hardware encryption based on AES to
protect developers’ programs and data.
ESP32 can access the external QSPI flash and SRAM through high-speed caches.
• Up to 16 MB of external flash are memory-mapped onto the CPU code space, supporting 8-bit, 16-bit and
32-bit access. Code execution is supported.
• Up to 8 MB of external flash/SRAM memory are mapped onto the CPU data space, supporting 8-bit, 16-bit
and 32-bit access. Data-read is supported on the flash and SRAM. Data-write is supported on the SRAM.
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
-------------------------------------
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

ESP_Angus

Postby ESP_Angus » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:50 pm

Ritesh wrote: Does anyone has any idea or suggestions to connect and configure second 16 MB SPI flash memory along with 4 MB SPI Flash memory which is attached into ESP32-WROVER-I module?
Hi Ritesh,

Please continue this discussion in the separate thread you already created for this purpose: https://esp32.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2884

Angus

MANGUKIA

ESP32-WROVER 7Inch Touch LCD Display.

Postby MANGUKIA » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:32 am

Dear sir,

We are going to design a machine and going to use ESP32 Wrover V3 board for prototype development.

Our product consist 7inch and Touch based LCD display so i can use that type of touch display with Wrover V3 board instead of 3inch graphics display.

Please guide me about that so i can do ahead process and start work.

Also i have another HDMI display 7inch which is use with Rsp pi board so i can use that display with ESP32 Wrover or not.

Thanks
AB Mangukiya.

Ritesh

Re: ESP32-WROVER 7Inch Touch LCD Display.

Postby Ritesh » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:56 am

MANGUKIA wrote:Dear sir,

We are going to design a machine and going to use ESP32 Wrover V3 board for prototype development.

Our product consist 7inch and Touch based LCD display so i can use that type of touch display with Wrover V3 board instead of 3inch graphics display.

Also i have another HDMI display 7inch which is use with Rsp pi board so i can use that display with ESP32 Wrover or not.

Thanks
AB Mangukiya.
Hi,

Would you please provide some more details regarding your over all products with details? so that it will be helpful to provide support to you and you can move ahead with that suggestions.

Hope you will understand my concern regarding that details
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

loboris

Re: ESP32-WROVER 7Inch Touch LCD Display.

Postby loboris » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:55 pm

MANGUKIA wrote:Dear sir,

Thanks
AB Mangukiya.
You can use another SPI display with ESP32 Wrover V3, just don't use CS pin used for the onboard display.

You can't use HDMI display with any ESP32 board.