Look out,I found so many problems with the d2wd!

ESP_Sprite

Re: Look out,I found so many problems with the d2wd!

Postby ESP_Sprite » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:38 am

Smartisan wrote: So it must be at least 500ma power supply for the esp32? But why we try it can work in 2.8V-3.3V, and 3.3-3.6V the d2wd would be reset reset reset? The d2wd can work onetime and why it may resset reset reset another time? Is it the current too short cause the problem?
THX

Pretty hard to say... behaviour with an underpowered power supply is pretty much undefined. Maybe something in the ESP32 eats up a little bit more current when fed with 3.6V, maybe you have an external resistive load that according to Ohms law now conducts a bit of extra current, maybe your LDO behaves just a tad different...

Smartisan

Postby Smartisan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:40 am

ESP_Sprite wrote:
Smartisan wrote: So it must be at least 500ma power supply for the esp32? But why we try it can work in 2.8V-3.3V, and 3.3-3.6V the d2wd would be reset reset reset? The d2wd can work onetime and why it may resset reset reset another time? Is it the current too short cause the problem?
THX

Pretty hard to say... behaviour with an underpowered power supply is pretty much undefined. Maybe something in the ESP32 eats up a little bit more current when fed with 3.6V, maybe you have an external resistive load that according to Ohms law now conducts a bit of extra current, maybe your LDO behaves just a tad different...
Okay,we will try my best to do it.

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:05 am

Smartisan wrote:
So it must be at least 500ma power supply for the esp32?
But why we try it can work in 2.8V-3.3V,
and 3.3-3.6V the d2wd would be reset reset reset?

The d2wd can work onetime
and why it may resset reset reset another time?
Is it the current too short cause the problem?
THX

Not sure how many times you now say this
and how many time we try to say - " yes - 200mA.. 250mA ..." are not enough

like WiFive say, post your shematic,
further show us the block capazitor on SoC
which value you use, how you drive the SoC ( OSC )
which pins you have used in the boot procedure
show us please your test environment you drive the D2 on a pcb or socket or "air wireing" ?
( perhabs you can make a pic )

what is your pcb? 2 Layer, 4 layer more layer or 1 layer ( CNC oneside PCB ) for a test

without concret points there is a puzzle to play with it -
thank you!
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

Smartisan

Postby Smartisan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:19 am

rudi ;-) wrote:
Smartisan wrote:
So it must be at least 500ma power supply for the esp32?
But why we try it can work in 2.8V-3.3V,
and 3.3-3.6V the d2wd would be reset reset reset?

The d2wd can work onetime
and why it may resset reset reset another time?
Is it the current too short cause the problem?
THX

Not sure how many times you now say this
and how many time we try to say - " yes - 200mA.. 250mA ..." are not enough

like WiFive say, post your shematic,
further show us the block capazitor on SoC
which value you use, how you drive the SoC ( OSC )
which pins you have used in the boot procedure
show us please your test environment you drive the D2 on a pcb or socket or "air wireing" ?
( perhabs you can make a pic )

what is your pcb? 2 Layer, 4 layer more layer or 1 layer ( CNC oneside PCB ) for a test

without concret points there is a puzzle to play with it -
thank you!

Okay,i want to ask do you have the esp32 d2wd hardware design for us to refrence? The espressif must have the esp32 d2wd pcb or shematic, can you release it so we can check our design? Because i don't have the right to post the pcb and shematic of our design.I
am sorry for that.

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:00 am

Smartisan wrote:

Okay,i want to ask do you have the esp32 d2wd hardware design for us to refrence? The espressif must have the esp32 d2wd pcb or shematic, can you release it so we can check our design? Because i don't have the right to post the pcb and shematic of our design.I
am sorry for that.[/quote]

there is no problem to give you this from me.

first, please contact the seller of esp32 d2wd - and ask for the reference design.
you must have a very good contact - cause the SoCs are relative young on sales@espressif.com only for samples ( what i am know )
so the espressif reference design i think is on desk of HRD engineering team in the pc pipe - but not public viewing ( like your shematic ) just in time. so i think you understand this.

let me know then how you get on with the referenz design and which details you need for which application.

best wishes
rudi ;-)
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

Smartisan

Postby Smartisan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:34 am

rudi ;-) wrote:
Smartisan wrote:

am sorry for that.
there is no problem to give you this from me.

first, please contact the seller of esp32 d2wd - and ask for the reference design.
you must have a very good contact - cause the SoCs are relative young on sales@espressif.com only for samples ( what i am know )
so the espressif reference design i think is on desk of HRD engineering team in the pc pipe - but not public viewing ( like your shematic ) just in time. so i think you understand this.

let me know then how you get on with the referenz design and which details you need for which application.

best wishes
rudi ;-)[/quote]

Thx,i have been contract the d2wd &esp32 with the sales ,i also email the sales@espressif.com but they said the espressif don't have
the hardware design for sample. So i am confused if the espressif can support the hardware of the esp32 d2wd for us?

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:15 am

Smartisan wrote: Thx,i have been contract the d2wd &esp32 with the sales ,i also email the sales@espressif.com but they said the espressif don't have
the hardware design for sample. So i am confused if the espressif can support the hardware of the esp32 d2wd for us?
samples state
this is allways a earliest time point, that the design is not produce but there are samples for engineering
this means too, that you allways must calculate ,that there comes design changes, edits and workaround on bugs or/and new revisions.
the reference design for samples is allways theoretically in this way and state. and i am sure, you will not get just in this sample state a handshake on reference design.

what there is, is engineering samples and there are just in time few groups working on the technical reference and details and so on.

MP state
mass production is the best time status you find a functionally base reference design, as soon as possible after there is also a design board with D2WD as SoC package soldered. and then you will find this in the espressif resource side, example here. look to the Design Guideline and Hardware Resources
for some reason there is not allways all public posted or just in time in revise or new work or at the finnish state,
then it is allways the best way to contact your dealer/stocker / seller and ask for actually status on docu and reference designs.

i think you have few d2wd for testings and try to build a pcb on standard base D0WD
but be sensorec, the eMbeddedFlash is other handled as the SoC with the extern,
also there are some pins TBD also.

two question:
can i ask from where you come ( language) my base language is german if this helps more.
can i ask you further, on which base your protected pcb is founded, you must know there are pins not same functionally like d0wd
and so on, so your labor try i think is spontaneous and more on to try?
or have you basical information from your seller get or perhabs not the right info?

best wishes
rudi ;-)
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

Smartisan

Postby Smartisan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:09 am

rudi ;-) wrote:
Smartisan wrote: Thx,i have been contract the d2wd &esp32 with the sales ,i also email the sales@espressif.com but they said the espressif don't have
samples state
this is allways a earliest time point, that the design is not produce but there are samples for engineering
this means too, that you allways must calculate ,that there comes design changes, edits and workaround on bugs or/and new revisions.
the reference design for samples is allways theoretically in this way and state. and i am sure, you will not get just in this sample state a handshake on reference design.

what there is, is engineering samples and there are just in time few groups working on the technical reference and details and so on.

MP state
mass production is the best time status you find a functionally base reference design, as soon as possible after there is also a design board with D2WD as SoC package soldered. and then you will find this in the espressif resource side, example here. look to the Design Guideline and Hardware Resources
for some reason there is not allways all public posted or just in time in revise or new work or at the finnish state,
then it is allways the best way to contact your dealer/stocker / seller and ask for actually status on docu and reference designs.

i think you have few d2wd for testings and try to build a pcb on standard base D0WD
but be sensorec, the eMbeddedFlash is other handled as the SoC with the extern,
also there are some pins TBD also.

two question:
can i ask from where you come ( language) my base language is german if this helps more.
can i ask you further, on which base your protected pcb is founded, you must know there are pins not same functionally like d0wd
and so on, so your labor try i think is spontaneous and more on to try?
or have you basical information from your seller get or perhabs not the right info?

best wishes
rudi ;-)
Thank you very much, i have been received from you. We are now have been put the esp32 d2wd on the pcb and worked with a little problem, as you know or you can saw my post on the esp32 form in this website, the flash download tool,the power supply , the reset reset and reset, because we want to reduce the pcb size so we use the d2wd which embeddedflash instead of the d0wd, we have been developmented well in the esp32 d0wd, so we once thought that the d2wd is the same with the d0wd except the flash,but now there was so many difference between the d2wd and d0wd. We come from china and i can read the language you wrote. We want get the esp32 d2wd hardware design as soon as possible, could you help me?