Hardware Flash Corruption Issue

chrisPL

Re: Hardware Flash Corruption Issue

Postby chrisPL » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:38 pm

Hi,

Don't know if you already solved the issue... but
I had a similar problem with esp-32-wrover-e whenever I enabled PSRAM.
In my case to resolve the issue I needed to change in Arduino IDE options flash mode from QIO to DIO (if I use esp board ver. 2.x)
Another way is to downgrade esp board to ver. 1.6, but in this case you can have a problems with other updated libriaries while compilation.

regards,
chris

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:36 am

chrisPL wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:38 pm
Hi,

Don't know if you already solved the issue... but
I had a similar problem with esp-32-wrover-e whenever I enabled PSRAM.
In my case to resolve the issue I needed to change in Arduino IDE options flash mode from QIO to DIO (if I use esp board ver. 2.x)
Another way is to downgrade esp board to ver. 1.6, but in this case you can have a problems with other updated libriaries while compilation.

regards,
chris
Hello Chris,

Thanks for your concern and providing updates.

I just want to know that you have faced similar issue like one bit is changes from firmware which is stored into flash memory? Because into our case module or product can be recovered if we reflash firmware.

Also, We were facing issues randomly on customer site in which power is provided through invertor system.

Let me know if need anything else from my end.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

chrisPL

Postby chrisPL » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:25 am

Hi Ritesh,

I haven't read all replies in this topic.. I just noticed the similar problem that I had when I switched to wrover last days.
It is hard to answer your question because I am still developing the code now..
Don't know which version do you have of your wrover.. but in case WROVER-E there is some information about flash problem:
https://en.hoerbert.com/technology/esp3 ... e-modules/
maybe it could help.

regards,
chris

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:23 am

chrisPL wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:25 am
Hi Ritesh,

I haven't read all replies in this topic.. I just noticed the similar problem that I had when I switched to wrover last days.
It is hard to answer your question because I am still developing the code now..
Don't know which version do you have of your wrover.. but in case WROVER-E there is some information about flash problem:
https://en.hoerbert.com/technology/esp3 ... e-modules/
maybe it could help.

regards,
chris
Hello Chris,

Thanks for providing details. Also, I had discussion with Espressif Team over an email and there may be issue of voltage fluctuation due to which Flash one bit has been corrupted at that time.

Still, They are not 100% sure but may be reason like that. So they have already applied patch into ESP32 IDF version 4.1 or 5.0 to resolve that kind of issues
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

iseosecco

Postby iseosecco » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:23 pm

HELLO,
We have the same problem with several ESP32_DevkitC_V4 (ESP32-WROOM-32E). They are serially connected to an environmental controller through a LTC1480 RS485. They work perfectly for a certain time (also months) and suddenly they stop to work. Our Clients send us the modules and, connected to the Arduino Monitor, they reset continously. If we reprogram them they start again to work perfectly until the next block after some time (days or months).
Is there anyone that has had the same problem? Is theer any software that can we can make in the Arduino IDE to prevent this problem? This is causing many problems to us because we have sold many controllers and they are returning to us from our clients with a big damage of money and reputation for us.
Thank you in advance.

phatpaul

Postby phatpaul » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:25 pm

If you can recover after reflashing the code, then it is NOT the same issue as covered in this thread/topic.
You should start a new topic.