Blue LED Blinks, Always

fester225

Blue LED Blinks, Always

Postby fester225 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:05 pm

When I plug in my new ESP32-WROOM-DA, I get a red solid LED. When I program it, I get a blue flashing LED. Arduino IDE (2.3.2) says it's doing a "Hard resetting via RTS pin...", and it's been saying that for 10 minutes. ChatGPT says this behavior should last less than one second. So far I haven't found any documentation saying otherwise.

Is this normal? Until I hear otherwise, I'll let it run. Maybe it really takes this long for a first boot.

On the previous new ESP32-WROOM-DA the same thing happened. Power off, then on brought back the blinking blue LED. Doing a power-on from the charge only socket gave the same result.

ESP_Sprite

Re: Blue LED Blinks, Always

Postby ESP_Sprite » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:48 am

Erm... Not sure what hardware you're talking about, but the ESP32-Wroom-DA does not have any LEDs.

MicroController

Postby MicroController » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:31 pm

"Hard resetting via RTS pin...", and it's been saying that for 10 minutes.
That's usually the last message output by the flashing tool after flashing is done, right before the tool exits and your program starts running on the microcontroller.
[An LED blinking after flashing]
Is this normal?
If you flashed a 'blink LED' example program, the "Hello World" of microcontrollers for checking if the toolchain and hardware is operational, then a blinking LED would be a common experience.

fester225

Postby fester225 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:31 am

If you flashed a 'blink LED' example program, the "Hello World" of microcontrollers for checking if the toolchain and hardware is operational, then a blinking LED would be a common experience.

Great idea.

Blink works. I can vary the blink rate so I'm sure the program is installed and working.
What's next?