Mesh questions

RanE_RanE

Re: transport messages between tcp server and http server

Postby RanE_RanE » Tue May 30, 2023 7:52 am

Hi,
Sorry for starting a new post here,
There is simply some matter that I am stuck on and that it is quite urgent, and I do not have the possibility to open a new post here in the forum, and I asked in several other places here on the site in the contact-us area and unfortunately I did not receive an answer, so I am writing here because I have no other choice:

Problems with esp-mesh:

Hello,
I'm using 8 units of 'ESP32-S2-Saola-1'.
I've wrote a code that implements a mesh network that is built from all these 8 units (1 root, 7 nodes).
The IDE is espressif-eclipse, ESP-IDF v4.4.2.
My code is based on 'Mesh Internal Communication' example, and was optimized for the needs of obtaining a maximum transmission baudrate between each node to the root, and from the root, by a udp packet, to the computer via a router.
The optimization is reflected in the fact that each node sends a mesh packet to the root, in an infinite loop, without delay, simillary this way:

In the node side:
-----------------
for(;;)
err = esp_mesh_send(NULL, &data_to_root, MESH_DATA_P2P, 0, 0); // data_to_root includes 1460 bytes

And in yhe root side:
---------------------
while (is_running) {
err = esp_mesh_recv(&from, &data, portMAX_DELAY, &flag, NULL, 0);
sendto(sock, data.data, RX_SIZE, 0, (struct sockaddr *)&dest_addr, sizeof(dest_addr));
}

And now for the problems description, for both mesh topologies (chain & tree):

1. The maximum speed that I receive on my PC from the mesh (by the root unit, via the TP-link router) is about ~5mbps, no more than that (for a single node, 2 nodes ... 8 nodes). I've tried to change router channels, playing with alot of parameters, and unfortunately nothing helped - So, how can I achive much faster baudrate (at least 15mbps)?

2. Is it possible to connect to the computer, using the same router, to its same SSID, 2 esp-mesh networks, so that each network includes its own Master-Root? (I mean 2 esp mesh networks, completely independent that do not depend on each other)
I've tried to do this, also by broadcasting each of the mesh networks to a different channel on the router, but in every attempt I received a root-conflict error.

Best regards, And thanks in advance
Ran.

ESP_Sprite

Re: Mesh questions

Postby ESP_Sprite » Wed May 31, 2023 7:51 am

Fyi, you should be able to make a new post no issue. I split off your reply into a new post for you.

rsimpsonbusa

Postby rsimpsonbusa » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:08 am

Hi Ran. DId you create a try a second MesiID with same ssid/pswd and new MeshID?

RSN

rsimpsonbusa

Postby rsimpsonbusa » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:17 pm

Hi Ran.

This morning I ran my 4 node Mesh with two ROOTs, First mesh (Mesh 1) uses the same router and SSID/PSWD as the other mesh (Mesh2). They do exactly the same function it was intended to do, but each one has 1 Root node, each with 2 nodes.

So yes, just change the mesid id to another. My case one is ID:77:77:77:77:77:90 and the second is ID:77:77:77:77:77:7f.

So I guess one could have many roots and same router ssid/pswd and balance your "app load" among them.

Regards.

RSN