Updated eclipse (2020-12 to 2021 version) and reinstalled esp-idf tool but serial port isn't working

zliudr

Updated eclipse (2020-12 to 2021 version) and reinstalled esp-idf tool but serial port isn't working

Postby zliudr » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:55 pm

By not working I mean I have to manually close the monitor terminal that prints esp32's console before I do run. I used to be able to press run and ti automatically closes and disables my terminal during upload. Now it just complains it can't flash, without closing the terminal.

Code: Select all

FAILED: CMakeFiles/flash 
cmd.exe /C "cd /D C:\Users\user\.espressif\esp-idf-v4.3-beta1\components\esptool_py && C:\Users\user\.espressif\tools\cmake\3.16.4\bin\cmake.exe -D IDF_PATH="C:/Users/user/.espressif/esp-idf-v4.3-beta1" -D SERIAL_TOOL="python C:/Users/user/.espressif/esp-idf-v4.3-beta1/components/esptool_py/esptool/esptool.py --chip esp32" -D SERIAL_TOOL_ARGS="--before=default_reset --after=hard_reset write_flash @flash_args" -D WORKING_DIRECTORY="C:/msys32/home/user/esp/Projects/iot_device/build" -P C:/Users/user/.espressif/esp-idf-v4.3-beta1/components/esptool_py/run_serial_tool.cmake"
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
Executing action: flash
Running ninja in directory c:\msys32\home\user\esp\projects\iot_device\build
Executing "ninja flash"...
ninja failed with exit code 1

zliudr

Re: Updated eclipse (2020-12 to 2021 version) and reinstalled esp-idf tool but serial port isn't working

Postby zliudr » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:12 pm

Also the terminal screen only has a fixed width of 80 characters. I used to be able to print nice long lines and see the entire lines. Now they are all printed in this narrow format that's very hard to read.