Compiling files outside of the main project

Blindesambok

Compiling files outside of the main project

Postby Blindesambok » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:15 am

Hi Guys,

I am new to ESP32 and I would like some help on compiling files outside of the main project directory.

I am using the hello world example provided by ESP32.

I have a header file in the root directory of the msys32 folder (C:\msys32\TestFolder2) called Test2.h while my main project is in a different directory (C:\msys32\home\Test\esp\hello_world).

The reason I would like to do this is for future development to be able to use files which are located outside of the main project directory.

I am not able to compile the header file in the msys32 folder. I get the following error:
C:/msys32/home/Test/esp/hello_world/main/hello_world_main.c:15:10: fatal error: Test2.h: No such file or directory
#include "Test2.h"

I have added the path to the compiler includes and eclipse can see it, I can also use the functions inside the header file in the project. I just cannot compile it.

I do not know if I need to alter the make file or if I am missing something else.

I am working on windows 10 with Eclipse and have set up Eclipse according to the documentation (https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... setup.html). I can compile the hello_world program if I do not try to include Test2.h.

Any help appreciated.