How to Detect Frequency (LED Status)

Ritesh

Re: How to Detect Frequency (LED Status)

Postby Ritesh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:43 pm

kjames wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:06 pm
Ritesh wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:33 pm
kjames wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:00 pm

Hello,

I wanted to ask if you are familiar with the Pulse Counter? I plan to modify an example from Espressif so that I can use it for detecting the frequency on GPIOs. I am just a bit confused on how to expand on it so that it works with multiple GPIOs; this is the example from Espressif that I am looking at:

https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/tr ... erals/pcnt

My question now is, since my project requires monitoring multiple GPIOs, I trying to find out the proper way to set up interrupts, configure the counter and process the results for each GPIO (I would need four in my case).

In order to set it up for more than one GPIO do separate "units" need to be configured for each GPIO?

Are aware of or do you have any examples of using this module with multiple GPIOs that you could refer me to? Any additional info on this would be very helpful...

thanks again
Hello,

Sorry for late reply.

We have used PCNT for individual GPIO separately into our project. So You can also use PCNT as per your requirements but I am not sure it can be used for multiple GPIOs same time.

Espressif SDK will help on this.
Hi, no worries at all, thanks I am thinking the same and that it is not built for use with multiple GPIOs at the same time - but it would be a nice feature to have.

Best,
Kevin
Great.

May be Espressif SDK team will help you for same to achieve your goal.

Let me know if need any help from my side regarding this.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati