BLE Client - error on scan after a re-connection

albertmbt

BLE Client - error on scan after a re-connection

Postby albertmbt » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:35 pm

Hi all,

I'm implementing a gatt client device that can read a HeartRate module. That simple.
The thing is that every thing works properly except for one thing;
If I performa a connection with a HR device and after that I disconnect, there is no way that I can perform a new scan for new devices, the only way to work it again is by make a esp32 reset, and that does not work for my project.

What I realized is that the scanning function is executed properly, but there are no in-coming callbacks from advertisings (ESP_GAP_BLE_SCAN_RESULT_EVT).
For some reason after a connection has been performed, the callbacks coming from SCAN_RESULT are not working.

Did someone face the same issue?
or
Is someone making it work?

Thank you and regards!

albertmbt

Re: BLE Client - error on scan after a re-connection

Postby albertmbt » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:42 pm

By the way, I already had it working like one year and a half ago, but with new esp-idf that has reduced consumption and i guess optimized things, has this issue for me now.

Thanks!

chegewara

Postby chegewara » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi,
there is few new options in menuconfig related to BLE. One is to duplicates scan with some sub-option to select what devices are being treated as duplicates.

albertmbt

Postby albertmbt » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:06 am

Thank's for the answer, I tried to change those menuconfig parameters but it didn't work. In fact, the filter is not filtering devices anyway, for me at least. I think the funciton is not already full implemented or something.