Enabling WiFi & Ethernet together

abhishekbn

Re: Enabling WiFi & Ethernet together

Postby abhishekbn » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:43 am

Hi Guys,

Is there any example or document describing how to gracefully use either WiFi or Ethernet connection to send or receive data?

Thanks,
Abhishek

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:10 am

abhishekbn wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:43 am
Hi Guys,

Is there any example or document describing how to gracefully use either WiFi or Ethernet connection to send or receive data?

Thanks,
Abhishek
Hello Abhishek,

So, Do you need help to send data only one specific interface like Wi-Fi or EThernet? or both together like if Wi-Fi is not connected then send data through Ethernet if connected and vice versa?

Which ESP32 IDF are you using? Because i belive there are few examples available to send data through Wi-Fi or EThernet with good explanation as well.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

vlengineering

Postby vlengineering » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:22 pm

Hi Espressif System Developers,

I have to develop a device that is a Modbus TCP Server on ethernet but which also implements a WebServer on WiFi.
Is it possible to have an ethernet port and a wifi that can work simultaneously?

Thank you

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:03 am

vlengineering wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:22 pm
Hi Espressif System Developers,

I have to develop a device that is a Modbus TCP Server on ethernet but which also implements a WebServer on WiFi.
Is it possible to have an ethernet port and a wifi that can work simultaneously?

Thank you
Hello,

Yes, you can use both together as per requirements.

There will be some delay or interference you will face while using both Wi-Fi and Ethernet together because Wireless Radio and Ethernet Hardware is common, but network stack and buffer is common which i believe so that you need to have good synchronization while using it.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati