Wifi Authentication not working

somesh
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:44 am
Location: Pune

Wifi Authentication not working

Postby somesh » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:26 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am using esp idf v3.3( LTS ). I am facing an issue related to wifi security. I have written code for wifi sta mode.
ESP32 is working fine with OPEN and WPA2-PSK security. but when I have configured ESP32 to WEP or WPA-PSK it also connects to WPA2-PSK Access point. I was facing same with the esp-idf v3.2.2 also.
Please help me out resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Somesh Burkule
Thanks,
Somesh Burkule

somesh
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:44 am
Location: Pune

Re: Wifi Authentication not working

Postby somesh » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:27 am

somesh wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:26 pm
Hello Everyone,

I am using esp idf v3.3( LTS ). I am facing an issue related to wifi security. I have written code for wifi sta mode.
ESP32 is working fine with OPEN and WPA2-PSK security. but when I have configured ESP32 to WEP or WPA-PSK it also connects to WPA2-PSK Access point. I was facing same with the esp-idf v3.2.2 also.
Please help me out resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Somesh Burkule
Hello esp forum,

Please help me to resolve this. awaiting your reply.
Thanks,
Somesh Burkule

Ritesh
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:37 am
Location: India
Contact:

Re: Wifi Authentication not working

Postby Ritesh » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:33 pm

Hello Somesh,

Means, Issue which you are facing is like authenticity but still wifi is able to connect with configured router.
Correct?

Would you please share logs of wifi connect and disconnect logs?
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

somesh
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:44 am
Location: Pune

Re: Wifi Authentication not working

Postby somesh » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:06 am

Ritesh wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:33 pm
Hello Somesh,

Means, Issue which you are facing is like authenticity but still wifi is able to connect with configured router.
Correct?

Would you please share logs of wifi connect and disconnect logs?
Yes, esp connects to router with WPA2-PSK even when esp wifi auth set to WEP or WPA-PSK.

we'll share you the logs soon.
Thanks,
Somesh Burkule

WiFive
Posts: 2865
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:35 am

Re: Wifi Authentication not working

Postby WiFive » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:49 am


somesh
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:44 am
Location: Pune

Re: Wifi Authentication not working

Postby somesh » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:54 am

Hello WiFive,

I have not set the threshold value. what is the default setting.
Thanks,
Somesh Burkule

WiFive
Posts: 2865
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:35 am

Re: Wifi Authentication not working

Postby WiFive » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:32 am

What are you setting then?

somesh
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:44 am
Location: Pune

Re: Wifi Authentication not working

Postby somesh » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:48 am

WiFive wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:32 am
What are you setting then?
thanks for quick reply. below are the settings I am using.
wifi_config_t wifi_config = {
.sta = {
.ssid = "test",
.password = "1234567890",
.bssid_set = false,
.channel = 0,
.threshold.authmode = WIFI_AUTH_WPA2_PSK
},
};
Thanks,
Somesh Burkule

WiFive
Posts: 2865
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:35 am

Re: Wifi Authentication not working

Postby WiFive » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:21 am

Ok so you are setting the threshold. It will still choose the most secure AP available. If you want to connect to a specific AP set BSSID.

somesh
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:44 am
Location: Pune

Re: Wifi Authentication not working

Postby somesh » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:52 am

WiFive wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:21 am
Ok so you are setting the threshold. It will still choose the most secure AP available. If you want to connect to a specific AP set BSSID.
Ok. thanks.
Thanks,
Somesh Burkule

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 30 guests