ESP32 Smartconfig (IDF) - reconfiguring SSID and Password

Yuvaraj1867

ESP32 Smartconfig (IDF) - reconfiguring SSID and Password

Postby Yuvaraj1867 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:50 am

Hi,

I am trying to send wifi credentials from ESP Touch app. It is working fine. I did some changes in source code and i am able to store the wifi credentials in NVS. Whenever power cycle is happening ESP is able to fetch ssid and password from nvs and it is connecting to AP.

But in my case whenever i needs to change my SSID and Password i will give new wifi credentials through ESP Touch. Esp has to disconnect from previous ssid and has to connect with new one. I dont know how to get second time wifi credentials through ESP Touch App.
The problem is if wifi credentials received first time smartconfig task is goes switched off.

Is someone has experience on this? If Yes, kindly help me.

Thanks in Advance.

chegewara

Re: ESP32 Smartconfig (IDF) - reconfiguring SSID and Password

Postby chegewara » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:56 pm

Thats the case, to run smartconfig wifi cant be connected to any AP, co when you connect to AP smartconfig is off, but you can start smartconfig on demand which will cause to disconnect from AP, just dont use auto re-connect.

Yuvaraj1867

Postby Yuvaraj1867 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:07 am

Hi, Thanks.

I Added a button. When i pressed it has to disconnect from Connected AP and start Smartconfig. It is Working. Now im able to reconfigure.

moranFarcas

Postby moranFarcas » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:39 pm

Hello,

Can you share your source code - especially the reconfigure module that saves the SSID and PASS in NVS.

Thanks in advance,
Moran.

kairui

Postby kairui » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:05 am

Hi , it can not save the new SSID and Password in flash when reset ,please give same help, Thanks a lot!

GreenGiant

Postby GreenGiant » Tue May 05, 2020 8:14 am

I am looking at implementing smartconfig too, improving on my current setup where I have my credentials hard coded in the firmware.

Do I have to implement my own NVS setter and getter for credentials when using smartconfig or is there something in the backend of the esp_wifi which can connect to previously used credentials (following a POR)?

Regards

pranjal.jamdade

Postby pranjal.jamdade » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:41 am

Yuvaraj1867 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:50 am
Hi,

I am trying to send wifi credentials from ESP Touch app. It is working fine. I did some changes in source code and i am able to store the wifi credentials in NVS. Whenever power cycle is happening ESP is able to fetch ssid and password from nvs and it is connecting to AP.

But in my case whenever i needs to change my SSID and Password i will give new wifi credentials through ESP Touch. Esp has to disconnect from previous ssid and has to connect with new one. I dont know how to get second time wifi credentials through ESP Touch App.
The problem is if wifi credentials received first time smartconfig task is goes switched off.

Is someone has experience on this? If Yes, kindly help me.

Thanks in Advance.
Could you share the sample code for this.?