Can't program ESP-WROVER-B: Invalid head of packet

Palonso

Can't program ESP-WROVER-B: Invalid head of packet

Postby Palonso » Wed May 20, 2020 11:14 pm

Hi,

I was working with a custom PCB with a ESP-WROVER module with no problem. I was able to upload many projects in it, but suddenly it started saying this:

Code: Select all

Toolchain path: /home/pablo/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/esp-2020r1-8.2.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc
Toolchain version: esp-2020r1
Compiler version: 8.2.0
Python requirements from /home/pablo/esp/esp-idf/requirements.txt are satisfied.

Project is not inside a git repository, or git repository has no commits
will not use 'git describe' to determine PROJECT_VER.
App "uart_dev" version: 1
To flash all build output, run 'make flash' or:
python /home/pablo/esp/esp-idf/components/esptool_py/esptool/esptool.py --chip esp32 --port /dev/ttyUSB0 --baud 115200 --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash -z --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 40m --flash_size detect 0x1000 /home/pablo/esp/uart_dev/build/bootloader/bootloader.bin 0x10000 /home/pablo/esp/uart_dev/build/uart_dev.bin 0x8000 /home/pablo/esp/uart_dev/build/partitions_singleapp.bin
Toolchain path: /home/pablo/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf/esp-2020r1-8.2.0/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc
Toolchain version: esp-2020r1
Compiler version: 8.2.0
Python requirements from /home/pablo/esp/esp-idf/requirements.txt are satisfied.

Project is not inside a git repository, or git repository has no commits
will not use 'git describe' to determine PROJECT_VER.
App "uart_dev" version: 1
Flashing binaries to serial port '/dev/ttyUSB0' (app at offset 0x10000)...
esptool.py v3.0-dev
Serial port /dev/ttyUSB0
Connecting....
Chip is ESP32D0WDQ5 (revision 1)

A fatal error occurred: Invalid head of packet (0x01)
/home/pablo/esp/esp-idf/components/esptool_py/Makefile.projbuild:104: recipe for target 'flash' failed
make: *** \[flash\] Error 2

The number of the head packets changes if I keep trying to upload a new code, yet with no success.

Any idea of what's happening? Thanks

ESP_Sprite

Re: Can't program ESP-WROVER-B: Invalid head of packet

Postby ESP_Sprite » Thu May 21, 2020 8:03 am

Hard to say, except that something is going wrong in the serial communication... perhaps a ground wire came loose or something?

Palonso

Re: Can't program ESP-WROVER-B: Invalid head of packet

Postby Palonso » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:04 pm

yup.. it happened again in other board I had and I realized that the voltage regulator I was using somehow was broken.

Thanks