Problem following tutorial on Linux: pyparsing>=2.0.3,<2.4

jtalics

Problem following tutorial on Linux: pyparsing>=2.0.3,<2.4

Postby jtalics » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:57 pm

OS: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS Linux 4.15.0-109-generic #110-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 23 02:39:32 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I am following this link closely:

https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... t-started/

then link:

https://docs.platformio.org/en/latest/t ... he-project

After "Click on “New Project”, select ESP32-DevKitC as the development board, ESP-IDF as the framework and a path to the project location" I receive this error message:

(...omitted...)
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Project version: d6ae29b-dirty\n-- Building ESP-IDF components for target esp32
-- Checking Python dependencies...
The following Python requirements are not satisfied:
pyparsing>=2.0.3,<2.4.0
Please refer to the Get Started section of the ESP-IDF Programming Guide for setting up the required packages.
Alternatively, you can run \"/home/user1/.platformio/penv/bin/python -m pip install --user -r /home/user1/.platformio/packages/framework-espidf/requirements.txt\" for resolving the issue.
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
(...omitted...)

I entered the command suggestion in the error message above in a vscode terminal, which reported (among other things) this line:
Installing collected packages: pyparsing
Successfully installed pyparsing-2.3.1

I restarted vscode and repeated the New Project steps above and I am still getting the same error.

Any help greatly appreciated, I am out of ideas. I have found similar posts on this forum but was not successful following them. Let me know if I can provide any other information to help you help me. Thank you so much!

ESP_Roland

Re: Problem following tutorial on Linux: pyparsing>=2.0.3,<2.4

Postby ESP_Roland » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:04 am

Please examine your PATH. Probably you have more python interpreters installed. When you are in terminal then you are invoking a different one.