Need sample code for ILI9488 LCD on SPI Interface

Ritesh

Re: Need sample code for ILI9488 LCD on SPI Interface

Postby Ritesh » Mon May 01, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi Loboris,

Hope you are doing well.

Did you get chance to look my last couple of points regarding your updated Git branch for ILI9488 LCD Display Example?

Because we found some minor issues in display point of view as well as display font on any x,y location.

Can you please and let me know if you find any clue for that issue?
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

loboris

Postby loboris » Mon May 01, 2017 10:59 pm

I'm working on some improvements and bug fixes. There is a bug in displaying decoded jpg data, I'll fixi ti soon.
I'm also planning to adapt all functions to work with 18-bit color data (RGB666). It works with both ILI9488 and ILI9341, and there will be an option to select 16-bit color (RGB565) for ILI9341 (to improve the speed).
I haven't noticed any problem with displaying fonts on any display position.

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Tue May 02, 2017 1:21 am

loboris wrote:I'm working on some improvements and bug fixes. There is a bug in displaying decoded jpg data, I'll fixi ti soon.
I'm also planning to adapt all functions to work with 18-bit color data (RGB666). It works with both ILI9488 and ILI9341, and there will be an option to select 16-bit color (RGB565) for ILI9341 (to improve the speed).
I haven't noticed any problem with displaying fonts on any display position.
Thanks for quick reply.

So when you are going to update your repository?

Also is there any plan to add some more font style? As we need some other fonts as well.

Can you please explain how to add custom fonts?
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Tue May 02, 2017 1:37 pm

Hi,

We have some requirements to change brightness of ILI9488 LCD and for that we have added "Write Display Brightness Value (51h)" command with value range from 0x00 to 0xFF but not found any effect after applying above command.

0x51, 1, 0x00,

or

0x51, 1, 0xFF,

We have applied above command into ILI init sequence and also incremented total command as well.

So, Can you please check above thing from your side as well?

Also, there are some other commands as well to change brightness of LCD like "Write CTRL Display Value (53h), Write Content Adaptive Brightness Control Value (55h) and Write CABC Minimum Brightness (5Eh)."

So, Let me know if you find any other command to change brightness of LCD.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

loboris

Postby loboris » Tue May 02, 2017 10:51 pm

Ritesh wrote:...We have some requirements to change brightness of ILI9488 LCD and for that we have added "Write Display Brightness Value (51h)" command with value range from 0x00 to 0xFF but not found any effect after applying above command.
I don't think this command will work. It needs external PWM which your display (as well as mine) don't have.
You can attach backlit enable/disable pin to the ESP32 pin configured as PWM to controll the brightness. I'll add the configuration to the example.

I'll add instructions how to create and include custom fonts in my next GitHub update.

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Wed May 03, 2017 8:26 am

loboris wrote:
Ritesh wrote:...We have some requirements to change brightness of ILI9488 LCD and for that we have added "Write Display Brightness Value (51h)" command with value range from 0x00 to 0xFF but not found any effect after applying above command.
I don't think this command will work. It needs external PWM which your display (as well as mine) don't have.
You can attach backlit enable/disable pin to the ESP32 pin configured as PWM to controll the brightness. I'll add the configuration to the example.

I'll add instructions how to create and include custom fonts in my next GitHub update.
Thanks for quick reply.

Let me know once you update your repository.

Please find attached image in which we are seeing some colored doted issues while displaying image into LCD9488 using your SPI NODMA example on ESP32 Development Kit.

Let me know if you find any clue or solution after looking attached image and also let me know if you need any information from my side as well.
Attachments
IMG_20170429_165556.jpg
IMG_20170429_165556.jpg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 11962 times
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Thu May 04, 2017 1:26 am

Hi,

Have you checked attached image which I have sent in last post?

Because, we are planning to drive display images on LCD and we are facing this white dots issue while displaying image.

Can you please look into this and let me know if you have any update for that
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

loboris

Postby loboris » Thu May 04, 2017 8:32 am

Ritesh wrote:Hi,

Because, we are planning to drive display images on LCD and we are facing this white dots issue while displaying image.

I've already answered that there is a bug in jpg decoding. I'll fix it soon, as well as couple of other bugs.

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Thu May 04, 2017 5:06 pm

loboris wrote:
Ritesh wrote:Hi,

I've already answered that there is a bug in jpg decoding. I'll fix it soon, as well as couple of other bugs.
Ok. Thanks for quick reply.

Let me know once you update your repository.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Sun May 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi Loboris,

Can you please let me know when you are planning to update your repository?

Is there any plan to update in next couple of days​ with some bug fixes like JPEG image issue and other issues?

Sorry for Interrupting you for that.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati