Whats the best ESP-Mesh to start off with.

DutchOrange

Whats the best ESP-Mesh to start off with.

Postby DutchOrange » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:49 pm

So I want to build a ESP mesh that runs on their own which can be fast and reliable and mainly send one command to tens or hundreds of nodes. I have Installed ESP-IDF & -EDF. What Is the best/recommended Example that I can start with to understand how to build my own ?
Thanks.

abansal22

Re: Whats the best ESP-Mesh to start off with.

Postby abansal22 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:19 am

Hello,
It totally depend upon what you want to do. If you want the mesh to send only command, then I think ble mesh is the best. Its fast, secure and reliable. It also require very low amount of energy, so it can be powered with the battery. The down side is its range in indoors. If you want to use the mesh network outside or in the large room its perfect for you.

You can found the information regarding this here:
https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... index.html

DutchOrange

Postby DutchOrange » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:07 pm

The only problem I seen with them that they cant do long range like through walls / floors easily, Do you agree ?
Thanks for the reply.

abansal22

Postby abansal22 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:54 am

DutchOrange wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:07 pm
The only problem I seen with them that they cant do long range like through walls / floors easily, Do you agree ?
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, indeed. I have tried to do home automation using esp ble mesh. Connectivity is poor in indoors. Signal cannot past the walls and doors should be open. In esp32, ble 5 is there, but it is only the software solution, due to the physical limitation, proper ble 5 cannot be achived. Hope this will resolves in esp32s3.

DutchOrange

Postby DutchOrange » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:37 pm

So as I though Long range Connection is better using WiFi, My other problem is that I want to send the One command to all nodes but I cant find a good basic Multicast Example, So Insted iam using Unicast with the ff:ff:ff:ff ID to send to them all.