BLE Mesh Send & Receive

mm_1993

Re: BLE Mesh Send & Receive

Postby mm_1993 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:26 pm

Hi abansal22
abansal22 wrote:Yes, please elaborate your problem!!
Can you Help me please ?
I get Headache with Ble Mesh fast provision server example !!
I can only connect to one node with espblemesh-App and it dont provision more nodes

https://www.esp32.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22999

thank you

jajijujejo

Postby jajijujejo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:57 am

First method is to send the data to the group address 0xFFFF, as this group address represent all the nodes in the network. So whenever you want to send the data to all the nodes from a node then just publish the message on the group address 0xFFFF. All nodes will update themselves whenever the new messsage arrives. But I will not recommend this way, because in future if you need not to send all the nodes, then it will create the problem and you have to change whole code.

I want to know this first method
step by step

senudajayalath

Postby senudajayalath » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:11 am

Hi, I think the owner of this question asked the following and the question is not properly answered. I also have the same problem and will elaborate in a different way. Maybe I have not understood the question properly.

I will first explain what my application does. I have about 4-5 devices forming a BLE mesh network. These devices are connected with a RFID reader and all the devices scan a specific set of tags. Since this is a collective effort when a reader scans a tag other devices in the mesh network should know as well. Therefore each node should save the state , emit message when a tag is scanned and also relay messages. So what is the best example code to start off with? According to my initial research the client modal and the server modal with relay enabled won't be sufficient, because each node has to save the state when a message is received and also send out a message when an event occurs.
I have seen that apart from client and server modals there is something called control modals with the below given definition,
In most applications, Server and Client models need to be used along with some control code that acts based on the received messages or user input. A combination of Server and/or Client model and a control logic results in a Control Model.
So is there an example for such a code in the espressif documents?. I could not find such an example. If there is something similar will I be able to achieve the relay functionality as well?

maheshvicky

Postby maheshvicky » Wed May 18, 2022 12:36 pm

Hey guys, just an extension of the previous questions
I have managed to create a group(C0000) and made my provisioner subscribe to it, and also the nodes which it provisions are subscribed to the same group at the time of provisioning. Now my question is
1. How to send a vendor message or publish a vendor message to that particular group??
2. Is there any reference??
TIA