ESP32 PSRAM support

Ritesh

Re: ESP32 PSRAM support

Postby Ritesh » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:55 am

Hello Rudi,

That is good to hear news about PSRAM and Flash Upgrade mechanism.

I would like to know that can it be possible to integrated into ESP32 Modules or we need to make custom package using ESP32 Chip? Also, I would like to know that what are the dependencies from hardware and software end to expand both PSRAM and SPI Flash memory to make it higher version of ESP32 Module and chip which can be really helpful for industrial based applications where more memories are required?

If you have any ready module, then please suggest to us so that i would like to evaluate it at our end as we have already designed almost 15 to 20 IoT with Home Automation and Industrial products using ESP32 Chip and Module so far.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

rudi ;-)

Postby rudi ;-) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:41 pm

Ritesh wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:55 am
Hello Rudi,

I would like to know that can it be possible to integrated into ESP32 Modules or we need to make custom package using ESP32 Chip? Also, I would like to know that what are the dependencies from hardware and software end to expand both PSRAM and SPI Flash memory to make it higher version of ESP32 Module and chip which can be really helpful for industrial based applications where more memories are required?

If you have any ready module, then please suggest to us so that i would like to evaluate it at our end as we have already designed almost 15 to 20 IoT with Home Automation and Industrial products using ESP32 Chip and Module so far.

Hi Ritesh
so friendly words :) .. wait for the final, we are now on

update 512Mbit ! psram
====================
ESP32-S3-WoWZa-N32R64.png
ESP32-S3-WoWZa-N32R64.png (3.12 MiB) Viewed 3003 times
21. Aug 2023 ESP32DE

best wishes
rudi ;-)

next step:
get here just the same in the heapallocation like the 256Mbit ( 32Mbit )
we can only map 32MB i think - and after this initialize i think we can get more.
i will try to map more psram now into, there are 3 possible ways, step by step, i am on this path for now unti it's done.
i use the 5.0.2 (1) dirty with handwrites edits in the code for check things -
let's see what happens in the next hours. the hardware ( Octal Bus ) is very senitive,
the soldering is not perfect i know :) - but no flying long wire here like in the past 2017 with Lyonteks 8 MB ID check :)
use 4-layer pcb this time and handsoldered 0201 package size for shortly traces.
i will come back to your post again if i go final here in this 128 / 256 / 512 Mbit ( and 1024 Mbit )
..get the bits outside from this 512Mbit psram ... just a time question. :D
-------------------------------------
love it, change it or leave it.
-------------------------------------
問候飛出去的朋友遍全球魯迪

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:47 am

rudi ;-) wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:41 pm
Ritesh wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:55 am
Hello Rudi,

Hi Ritesh
so friendly words :) .. wait for the final, we are now on

update 512Mbit ! psram
====================

ESP32-S3-WoWZa-N32R64.png

21. Aug 2023 ESP32DE

best wishes
rudi ;-)

next step:
get here just the same in the heapallocation like the 256Mbit ( 32Mbit )
we can only map 32MB i think - and after this initialize i think we can get more.
i will try to map more psram now into, there are 3 possible ways, step by step, i am on this path for now unti it's done.
i use the 5.0.2 (1) dirty with handwrites edits in the code for check things -
let's see what happens in the next hours. the hardware ( Octal Bus ) is very senitive,
the soldering is not perfect i know :) - but no flying long wire here like in the past 2017 with Lyonteks 8 MB ID check :)
use 4-layer pcb this time and handsoldered 0201 package size for shortly traces.
i will come back to your post again if i go final here in this 128 / 256 / 512 Mbit ( and 1024 Mbit )
..get the bits outside from this 512Mbit psram ... just a time question. :D
Hello Rudi,

That is good to here it.

Would you please share me your contact details or email ID so that we can also discuss further over there for few other things?
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati