Download a .mp4 file from my web server to ESP32 SD Card

Harshad P

Download a .mp4 file from my web server to ESP32 SD Card

Postby Harshad P » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:14 am

Hello All,

I am new to ESP-IDF and am trying to do a project to download a video (.mp4) from server and then stream it on local host.
So the project is mainly divided into 2 parts,
First, I am planning to download few videos ( https://www.pexels.com/video/1812902/download/ and few others similarly) into SD card
Second, Stream these videos through local server. (For streaming I got few examples through ESP32-CAM projects )

So initially when Internet is available it downloads all videos and on a command through some means (Maybe App or BLE) It starts it's own server and presents the videos

If any example for the first problem is available please do share.

Regards,

ESP_Minatel

Re: Download a .mp4 file from my web server to ESP32 SD Card

Postby ESP_Minatel » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:54 am

Hi,

We have an example but not exactly what you want. Maybe you can change this project to get what you need.

Hope it helps you: file_serving

Harshad P

Postby Harshad P » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:39 am

Thanks for the reply, I actually went through the code previously and couldn't understand much of it,

I understand ESP32 itself acts as a server with it's own html page and stuff and for my application I actually don't need that. So basically I will never start the server itself and also change the error check functions accordingly.

As far as my understanding (Sorry if I am wrong) somewhere in the code there should be an input to esp32 (Something like

Code: Select all

url=localhost;
or similar) and if localhost/upload event occurs then it fetches the data and stores it in SD card. But I don't find it anywhere.

Regards,
And sorry if I am wrong since I am a beginner trying to do a college project.

JVKran

Postby JVKran » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:36 pm

Hi there!

I'm in the same boat, but also need to upload files. After quite some time, I managed to get file uploads with Multi-Part POST-Requests to work but now that I'm looking into downloading files, I'm getting stuck again.

I personally think two examples of these functionalities would be really usefull as examples as they're quite commonly required functionalities. Anyway, I'll keep puzzling and let future searches know when I found a method.

Kind regards,

A puzzling Jochem