BLE MESH

espnovice

BLE MESH

Postby espnovice » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:37 am

Hi everyone!
I'm new to ESP BLE MESH and regarding that i have a question.
I have the following scenario:

I have three ESP32 devices lets say device A, B, C. Device A is master having capability to both control devices and provision devices. Device B is relay node. Device C is un-provisioned device which need to be provisioned. Now, i have already tested ESP fast provisioner examples and they work fine. But, the problem is that all devices need to be in range of provisioner to get provisioned. What i want is the capability of provisioning device C when device A and C aren't in range with each other but both A and B, B and C are in range. Is it possible in ESP32 or anything similar to that ?

So, in summary i have a mesh network with one master node device that acts as both an auto-provisioner and controller. Whenever, a new un-provisioned device comes in the mesh network, even if it's directly out of range with master device, it should automatically provision as long as it is in range with any node or a specific node (i.e. relay node).

The method described above isn't a strict requirement as long as a node(any suitable type of node) in the mesh network is capable of adding an un-provisioned device into the network and information about that node is available to master node.

P.S. Sorry if i am not making much sense. i am quite new to this stuff. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

abansal22

Re: BLE MESH

Postby abansal22 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:03 am

hello,
I think it can be done! There is the vendor model for the esp32 which can use the fast provision of the node. In this concept each node is temporarily behaves like the provisioner. For more information please follow the link
https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/bl ... through.md