Has AWS Embedded C Sdks Been Removed From ESP-IDF?

acp_21

Has AWS Embedded C Sdks Been Removed From ESP-IDF?

Postby acp_21 » Mon May 31, 2021 1:40 am

Hello all,

Based on this post the ESP-IDF bundles with it Amazon's embedded C SDKs for their IoT service. Supposedly it can be configured in the menuconfig under component config. Perhaps I'm missing something but when I check this menu I cannot find anything that is related to AWS. Furthermore, when looking in the "components" directory of the IDF repository, I don't see anything related to AWS either. Am I completely missing something or has something been changed?

Furthermore, while doing research it seems like at least for a time, the bundled version was behind AWS's separate version. What is the current recommended way to include these SDKs in an IDF project?

acp_21

Re: Has AWS Embedded C Sdks Been Removed From ESP-IDF?

Postby acp_21 » Mon May 31, 2021 5:13 pm

WiFive wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 8:37 am
https://github.com/espressif/esp-aws-iot
Thank you for pointing me to this repo. Before posting my question I stumbled upon it. This still does not completely answer my question however. The post that I linked above seemed to imply that there was no need to download anything extra, as the component was included with the IDF. Has this changed? Is the linked repo now the proper was to bundle the AWS SDKs with an IDF project? Also, if that is the case, what is the recommended way of doing that? is it recommended to clone the entire linked repo into the root of your project or is it recommended to only clone this submodule found in the linked repo into the components directory of your project?

pablomartinez

Re: Has AWS Embedded C Sdks Been Removed From ESP-IDF?

Postby pablomartinez » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:02 am

Hi acp_21,

Did you manage to integrate AWS component inside esp-idf? Can you share your conclusions?

Best regards