Eclipse IDE plugin says Errors exist but console says build complete

BrianP

Re: Eclipse IDE plugin says Errors exist but console says build complete

Postby BrianP » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:12 pm

There was an update to the Eclipse Plugin but I don't know what you were running and what you are running now.

Did you see this post I made?
https://www.esp32.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=21809

zliudr

Postby zliudr » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:58 am

I just took a look at your other thread. It's too long and I don't have the background to understand.

WJCarpenter

Postby WJCarpenter » Tue May 24, 2022 4:41 pm

I don't know if anybody is still looking for an answer to this. I came across this thread because a similar thing happened to me after I made a change to my Eclipse project. (I could hardly believe it when it said it couldn't resolve "size_t" as a type.)

For me, the solution was a simple mismatch that I didn't notice. My project contained the esp_idf_components folder linked in from ESP IDF 4.4. I had upgraded to ESP IDF 4.4.1. I'm not completely certain, but I think Eclipse was using 4.4 to (falsely) report errors and was using 4.4.1 to actually build my project.

I removed the esp_idf_components folder and repeated my ESP IDF tools setup. The errors disappeared.

I know this might not be the answer for everybody, but I hope it helps at least some people with these annoying false error reports.