Problems with compiling, flashing and serial monitor

raspitin

Problems with compiling, flashing and serial monitor

Postby raspitin » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:25 am

Hello,
I am trying to set up the ESP IDF with Ecclipse. I followed the tutorial from here https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclips ... /README.md

Now if I try to compile, I get this error:

Code: Select all

[1/307] cmd.exe /C "cd /D D:\EclipseWorkspace\hello_world\build\bootloader && C:\.espressif\tools\cmake\3.16.4\bin\cmake.exe --build ."
ninja: no work to do.
[2/305] cmd.exe /C "cd /D D:\EclipseWorkspace\hello_world\build\esp-idf\mbedtls && python D:/EclipseWorkspace/esp-idf-v4.3.1/components/mbedtls/esp_crt_bundle/gen_crt_bundle.py --input D:/EclipseWorkspace/esp-idf-v4.3.1/components/mbedtls/esp_crt_bundle/cacrt_all.pem -q"
FAILED: esp-idf/mbedtls/x509_crt_bundle 
cmd.exe /C "cd /D D:\EclipseWorkspace\hello_world\build\esp-idf\mbedtls && python D:/EclipseWorkspace/esp-idf-v4.3.1/components/mbedtls/esp_crt_bundle/gen_crt_bundle.py --input D:/EclipseWorkspace/esp-idf-v4.3.1/components/mbedtls/esp_crt_bundle/cacrt_all.pem -q"
gen_crt_bundle.py: Invalid certificate in D:/EclipseWorkspace/esp-idf-v4.3.1/components/mbedtls/esp_crt_bundle/cacrt_all.pem
Invalid certificate
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
If I clean the code I get this error:

cmd.exe /C "cd /D D:\EclipseWorkspace\hello_world\build\esp-idf\mbedtls && python D:/EclipseWorkspace/esp-idf-v4.3.1/components/mbedtls/esp_crt_bundle/gen_crt_bundle.py --input D:/EclipseWorkspace/esp-idf-v4.3.1/components/mbedtls/esp_crt_bundle/cacrt_all.pem -q"
gen_crt_bundle.py: Invalid certificate in D:/EclipseWorkspace/esp-idf-v4.3.1/components/mbedtls/esp_crt_bundle/cacrt_all.pem
Invalid certificate
If I try to launch the code I get this error:

ninja: no work to do.
[2/306] Generating x509_crt_bundle
Invalid certificate
ninja failed with exit code 1
Executing action: flash
Running ninja in directory d:\eclipseworkspace\hello_world\build
Executing "ninja flash"...
I configured everything according to the tutorial. And also entered the correct comport. So what is missing in my config to compile it correctly?
Thank you
Kind regards

raspitin

Re: Problems with compiling, flashing and serial monitor

Postby raspitin » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:33 am

Hello,
I am still stuck here. Does no one have a solution? Any tips?

raspitin

Postby raspitin » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:29 pm

Thank you. But I cannot find sdkconfig anywhere. If I search in the help menu I get 0 hits. Where is this located? In the project menus (right click and menu bar) there is no such item.

raspitin

Postby raspitin » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:49 pm

Ok, found it and deactivated the certificate. Works now. Although my app is not running. But I guess thats a new topic.
Thank you!

raspitin

Postby raspitin » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:42 pm

Is this now a security concern if the certificate is deactivated? Especially if it is for a professional application and possibly OTA?

raspitin

Postby raspitin » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:29 pm

Can maybe someone from Espressif answer this? I need this for a commercial project that will not happen without it being secure. Or can someone point me to documentation regarding this problem?