Interrupts in ESP32S2 ULP

DylanWork

Interrupts in ESP32S2 ULP

Postby DylanWork » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:41 am

Hi all,

I'm attempting to setup an interrupt in the ULP of the ESP32S2.
Going by whats in the technical reference manual on page 45 I need to: please set the register SENS_SAR_COCPU_INT_ENA_REG

I am struggling to understand how to set the register so that I have an interrupts setup on a GPIO in ULP. I have begun trying to understand other functions from examples here such as the ulp_riscv_gpio_init(GPIO) function which contains some information around setting up a GPIO to remain on (a problem I had from another post).
SET_PERI_REG_MASK(SENS_SAR_IO_MUX_CONF_REG, SENS_IOMUX_CLK_GATE_EN_M);

I can follow this particular register in the technical reference guide and have an idea of what it's doing (barely).

I can't piece together what I am meant to do with the SENS_SAR_COCPU_INT_ENA_REG register and how I associate it to a register, or even how to set it for rising or falling edge as that doesn't appear in any of the register bits in the technical reference guide.

To summarise, my questions are:
1 - How do I set up an interrupt from ULP to wake up within the ULP
2 - Will an interrupt setup in the ULP work during HALT, or only during Run mode? (Refer to Figure 1-4, Page 30 technical reference manual )

Any help is appreciated, even just pointing me towards a guide on how to setup GPIO's/other in the ULP.

Cheers.