HUB: Bad transfer status: CHECK_SHORT_LANGID_TABLE

davidbetz

Postby davidbetz » Tue May 17, 2022 2:57 pm

I'm running the usb_host_lib example and I have a hub connected with an FTDI device attached to the hub. The usb_host_lib program lists the hub but does not see the FTDI device attached to it. However, I also get this error message:

Would this cause the devices attached to the hub to not be enumerated? How do I fix this error?

ESP_Dazz

Re: HUB: Bad transfer status: CHECK_SHORT_LANGID_TABLE

Postby ESP_Dazz » Thu May 19, 2022 2:46 am

I'm running the usb_host_lib example and I have a hub connected with an FTDI device attached to the hub. The usb_host_lib program lists the hub but does not see the FTDI device attached to it. However, I also get this error message:
The USB Host Stack currently only supports a single device (i.e., full hub support has not been added yet). See the host stack docs for more information. Currently, the Host stack should be able to see your connected Hub (since it's a device), but it won't detect/talk to any devices further down stream.
However, I also get this error message:

This is a non-fatal error printed by the hub driver. It means that during enumeration, the hub driver tried to fetch the connected device's language ID table descriptor in order to see what languages are supported by the device. However, some non-compliant devices will sometimes return all 0's or when requested for the LANG ID table.

In this case, the hub driver will continue on with enumeration but skip all further enumeration stages relating to string descriptors. The hub driver basically just treats the device as if the device did not support any string descriptors.

You can increase the ESP LOG level in menuconfig to also print WARNING logs. The Hub driver will dump more logging information.

davidbetz

Re: HUB: Bad transfer status: CHECK_SHORT_LANGID_TABLE

Postby davidbetz » Fri May 20, 2022 12:13 pm

Thanks for your reply! It's disappointing that hub support isn't complete. I guess I can take a look at it to see if I can help out. I have a very specific device I want to connect to and it might not be that hard to just support that one device that has a hub chip and an FTDI chip behind it.