wakeup reset reason was DEEPSLEEP_RESET (good) but is now TG0WDT_SYS_RESET (bad)

eyaleb

wakeup reset reason was DEEPSLEEP_RESET (good) but is now TG0WDT_SYS_RESET (bad)

Postby eyaleb » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:10 am

After running a long test for the last few months, I grabbed the latest git and to my surprise the result of
rtc_get_reset_reason() is now 7 (TG0WDT_SYS_RESET), not 5 (DEEPSLEEP_RESET) as it always was.

I recall there being a bug in revision 0 esp32, and there was a workaround to avoid a WDT reset after a wakeup. It worked well, but not any more. I installed a fresh battery but the bad result stayed. The messages of my app clearly show that I go into deep sleep for 1 minute and on wakeup (after 1m as expected) the reset reason is 7.

Did the handling of this issue change? Do I need to add something to sdkconfig to enable the workaround? This is what my config says about WDT:

Code: Select all

CONFIG_INT_WDT=y
CONFIG_INT_WDT_TIMEOUT_MS=300
CONFIG_INT_WDT_CHECK_CPU1=y
CONFIG_TASK_WDT=y
# CONFIG_TASK_WDT_PANIC is not set
CONFIG_TASK_WDT_TIMEOUT_S=5
CONFIG_TASK_WDT_CHECK_IDLE_TASK=y
CONFIG_TASK_WDT_CHECK_IDLE_TASK_CPU1=y
After a git pull I run 'make oldconfig' and accept the defaults, which I assume is a sensible choice.

Thanks

ESP_igrr

Re: wakeup reset reason was DEEPSLEEP_RESET (good) but is now TG0WDT_SYS_RESET (bad)

Postby ESP_igrr » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:56 pm

That's a regression in the master branch, sorry about that. Fix coming up.

eyaleb

Re: wakeup reset reason was DEEPSLEEP_RESET (good) but is now TG0WDT_SYS_RESET (bad) [fixed]

Postby eyaleb » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Thanks, after today's pull it works correctly again.