Installing ESP-IDF.

frankie53

Re: Installing ESP-IDF.

Postby frankie53 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:32 am

Many thanks for all the helpful suggestions which I am working my way through until I am hopefully successful.

RLB_Sr

Re: Installing ESP-IDF.

Postby RLB_Sr » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:36 pm

@ ESP Roland: I am attempting to follow your suggestion:
I'd like to point out that the official and supported way to install ESP-IDF on Windows is the Windows Installer: https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp ... -installer"
I need to install the later 5.2.1 version in order to be able to debug the ESP32C6 so I am using that offline version (since you suggested to use the offline version). I have prevously installed this version but had previously installed the 5.1.2 version (because I was working with the esp8266). I am not sure but it seems as if I got some tools mixed up during the process. Therefore, I have now removed all the previous installations and am starting from scratch again. My ultimate goal is to be able to debug code using the Espressif IDE and the ESP32-C6-DevKitC-1, which supposedly has its own JTAG interface built-in.
Are there any things I need to do that are not in the instructions? Anthing I need to be especially careful about?
Thanks,