Issue with converting Arduino Project into ESP-IDF

Postby brindha__kumar » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:41 am

Dear Team
I want to convert my project (developed by using Arduino IDE) into ESP-IDF 5.1
I referred this URL: https://espressif-docs.readthedocs-host ... onent.html
But converting my project file throws error in esp-idf v5.1

The error is:
CMake Error at
C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1/workspace/arduino_as_component/components/arduino/CMakeLists.txt:19
(message)
Arduino-esp32 can be used with ESP-IDF versions between 4.4.0 and 4.4.99,
but a newer version is detected: 5.1.0.

Then I changed CMakelists.txt and tested
It shows another error

The error is:
Processing 1 dependencies:
[1/1] idf (5.1.0)
CMake Error at C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1/tools/cmake/build.cmake:266 (message):
Failed to resolve component 'mdns'.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1/tools/cmake/build.cmake:302 (__build_resolve_and_add_req)
C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1/tools/cmake/build.cmake:595 (__build_expand_requirements)
C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1/tools/cmake/project.cmake:464 (idf_build_process)
CMakeLists.txt:6 (project)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1/workspace/arduino_as_component/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
HINT: The component mdns could not be found. This could be because: component name was misspelled, the component was not added to the build, the component has been moved to the IDF component manager or has been removed and refactored into some other component.
Please look out for component in 'https://components.espressif.com' and add using 'idf.py add-dependency' command.
Refer to the migration guide for more details about moved components.
Refer to the build-system guide for more details about how components are found and included in the build.
cmake failed with exit code 1, output of the command is in the C:\Espressif\frameworks\esp-idf-v5.1\workspace\arduino_as_component\build\log\idf_py_stderr_output_25128 and C:\Espressif\frameworks\esp-idf-v5.1\workspace\arduino_as_component\build\log\idf_py_stdout_output_25128

Then I add the mdns using this line
idf.py add-dependency "espressif/mdns^1.2.0"

After this It shows error like

Processing 2 dependencies:
[1/2] espressif/mdns (1.2.0)
[2/2] idf (5.1.0)
CMake Error at C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1/tools/cmake/build.cmake:266 (message):
Failed to resolve component 'esp_adc_cal'.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1/tools/cmake/build.cmake:302 (__build_resolve_and_add_req)
C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1/tools/cmake/build.cmake:595 (__build_expand_requirements)
C:/Espressif/frameworks/esp-idf-v5.1/tools/cmake/project.cmake:464 (idf_build_process)
CMakeLists.txt:6 (project)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

But the component is present in my project folder directory:
C:\Espressif\frameworks\esp-idf-v5.1\workspace\arduino_as_component\components\arduino\tools\sdk\esp32s2\include\esp_adc_cal
Please anyone help me to resolve this.

Regards
Brindha

ESP_Me-no-dev

Re: Issue with converting Arduino Project into ESP-IDF

Postby ESP_Me-no-dev » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:29 am

Currently the ESP-IDF v5.1 support is in branch "esp-idf-v5.1-libs" and will soon be merged into master. You can try with that branch.