SDCard Build ERROR: esp_vfs_vfat.h not found

catotonic

SDCard Build ERROR: esp_vfs_vfat.h not found

Postby catotonic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:57 pm

When trying to make and flash the example in example/storage/sd_card/main/sd_card_example_main.c, I get the error:/storage/sd_card/main/sd_card_example_main.c:15:25: fatal error: esp_vfs_fat.h: No such file or directory. I am using SDK 3.0 but so far I am unable to find esp_vfs_vfat.h. How do I get it into my projects?

catotonic

Re: SDCard Build ERROR: esp_vfs_vfat.h not found

Postby catotonic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:28 pm

Update: I found the file in component/libsodium/fatfs/src/esr_vfs_fat.h" . But when I ran make flash after modifying the #include to:
'#include: ""libsodium/fatfs/src/esp_vfs_fat.h" '
I get the same but updated error, "libsodium/fatfs/src/esr_vfs_fat.h not found. I ran flash clean but still it still will not see the file that is there.

catotonic

Re: SDCard Build ERROR: esp_vfs_vfat.h not found

Postby catotonic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Update: I found the file in component/libsodium/fatfs/src/esp_vfs_fat.h" . But when I ran make flash after modifying the #include to:
'#include: ""libsodium/fatfs/src/esp_vfs_fat.h" '
I get the same but updated error, "libsodium/fatfs/src/esp_vfs_fat.h not found. I ran flash clean but still it still will not see the file that is there.
Update to Update:
I was using msys32 make but I also tried building the sd_card example in Eclipse where I thought I might have more information and control over my includes. But no matter what I tried when using Paths and Symbols in the properties window of Eclipse, it does not "see" esp_vfs_fat.h.
I evne copied libsodium into a dir called mysodium and tried creating an include dir in the fatfs dir then modifying the component.mk file but it still will not "see" the h file. At this point I don't even care if it works, I want to know why the build will not recognize esp_vfs_fat.h