ESP-IDF Tools Problem

zamarano72

ESP-IDF Tools Problem

Postby zamarano72 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:35 pm

I have been trying to make a boiler-plate for myself to start programming for my ESP32-C3 device but I had been having problems, every time I start a new project or start from example projects. I tried VS Code with PlatformIO and Espressif IDF plugins as well. The only example I could run, was a project to blink a GPIO. The PlatformIO plugin seemed easy to make settings for my device, but with new libraries or new examples it didn't work. I tried Espressif IDF plugin on VS Code as well, this time I had CMake errors. I tried instructions that ChatGPT directed, so checked PATH, IDF_TOOLS_PATH and both linked to correct path.
Anyways, later I tried a clean install. Uninstalled all ESP-IDF versions and VS Code with plugins. I deleted all related folders as well, holding settings for VS Code especially. Then installed ESP-IDF 4.4 and run "idf.py menuconfig" command. Then I received The C Compiler identification is unknown", "The CXX compiler identification is unknown" and "The ASM compiler identification is unknown" error messages. Again, I checked PATH, IDF_TOOLS_PATH and no problem there.
By the way, I tried Arduino IDE as well. Again, for Arduino IDE I could just run Blink examples. Neither BLE nor such different libraries didn't work. For BLE example, it gives an error for library conflict, saying 'More than one "BLEDevice.h" found'. Although, there's only one library under Arduino folder. Anyways, I want to continue with VS Code, so I can proceed more detailed projects.
By the way, my computer is Windows 10, I use several IDE's for my STM MCU's, mostly Keil uVision5 and STM32CubeIDE, as well as others.
I hope someone helps me to right way to proceed a project for my ESP32-C3 device. Every tutorial on the net, shows everyone works very well with ESP Tools. What's wrong with me???