ESP-IDF Compiler Errors

jimmyvongjv

ESP-IDF Compiler Errors

Postby jimmyvongjv » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:12 pm

Hi,

I am having some errors when trying to build my code. I've been editing some code on visual studio using the Espressif extension for the past two weeks without any error. But today, I am running into some errors out of no where after making no changes to my code. One reason this could potentially be happening is that I updated my windows laptop at the end of the day yesterday and it could have corrupted something but I have already tried reinstalling ESP-IDF and visual studio itself as well. I have also tried using other versions of ESP-IDF but this hasn't solved the issue either. I am currently using ESP-IDF v5.2.1. Here are the error logs I am having.

Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" failed.
Compiler: C:/Users/Jimmy/.espressif/tools/xtensa-esp-elf/esp-13.2.0_20230928/xtensa-esp-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-g++.exe
Build flags: -mlongcalls;-Wno-frame-address;
Id flags:

The output was:
Exit code 0xc0000142

Detecting CXX compiler ABI info failed to compile with the following output:
Change Dir: C:/Users/Jimmy/ESP32/TESSTING_GIMBLE/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command(s):C:/Users/Jimmy/.espressif/tools/ninja/1.11.1/ninja.exe cmTC_ba132 && [1/2] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/cmTC_ba132.dir/CMakeCXXCompilerABI.cpp.obj

FAILED: CMakeFiles/cmTC_ba132.dir/CMakeCXXCompilerABI.cpp.obj

C:\Users\Jimmy\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp-elf\esp-13.2.0_20230928\xtensa-esp-elf\bin\xtensa-esp32-elf-g++.exe -mlongcalls -Wno-frame-address -v -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_ba132.dir/CMakeCXXCompilerABI.cpp.obj -c C:/Users/Jimmy/.espressif/tools/cmake/3.24.0/share/cmake-3.24/Modules/CMakeCXXCompilerABI.cpp

ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

Determining if the CXX compiler works failed with the following output:
Change Dir: C:/Users/Jimmy/ESP32/TESSTING_GIMBLE/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command(s):C:/Users/Jimmy/.espressif/tools/ninja/1.11.1/ninja.exe cmTC_efcd0 && [1/2] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/cmTC_efcd0.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.obj

FAILED: CMakeFiles/cmTC_efcd0.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.obj

C:\Users\Jimmy\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp-elf\esp-13.2.0_20230928\xtensa-esp-elf\bin\xtensa-esp32-elf-g++.exe -mlongcalls -Wno-frame-address -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_efcd0.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.obj -c C:/Users/Jimmy/ESP32/TESSTING_GIMBLE/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCXXCompiler.cxx

ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.