Conditions for UART_DATA event

dejan.ns

Conditions for UART_DATA event

Postby dejan.ns » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi guys, I wander what exact condition(s) in uart rx data stream have to be met for the uart driver to fire an UART_DATA event. Is it a timeout between successive bytes and if so, what is the timeout and can it be adjusted? Or, is it something else that triggers this event.

Thanks.

RAlexeev

Re: Conditions for UART_DATA event

Postby RAlexeev » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:45 am

I am also interested in this info. Can someone clarify these conditions of triggering UART_DATA event? The point is that I have unpredictable behaviour of ESP32 UART reading from another device depending on a power supply. In one case, all data (188 bytes) transfers to program UART RX ring buffer at the end of a transmission. The event UART_DATA occurs twice: after first 120 bytes and after the remaining 68 bytes. But in another case, first 120 bytes are transmitted correctly from the hardware FIFO buffer (the event UART_DATA occurs), but subsequent 68 bytes don't copy to program buffer, they're always in hardware and the second event UART_DATA doesn't occur. So I need to know which conditions have to take place in order to UART_DATA event happens?