undefined reference to `libintl_gettext' error at compile

cepeeng

undefined reference to `libintl_gettext' error at compile

Postby cepeeng » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:06 am

Hello,

I have followed the instructions found on https://esp-idf.readthedocs.io/en/lates ... et-esp-idf for a windows machine.

- Downloaded and unzipped the toolchain
- cloned the ESP-IDF to the esp folder
- setup the path to the ESP-IDF
- copied the hello_world project
- called "make menuconfig" to compile the project.

This is where I have an issue.

Code: Select all

J446-AO+cepeeng@J446-AO MINGW32 ~/esp/hello_world
$ make menuconfig
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/cepeeng/esp/esp-idf/tools/kconfig'
/usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD   -c -o mconf.o mconf.c
/usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD   -c -o zconf.tab.o zconf.tab.c
lxdialog/check-lxdialog.sh -check /usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD -lncursesw
/usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD   -c -o lxdialog/checklist.o lxdialog/checklist.c
/usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD   -c -o lxdialog/util.o lxdialog/util.c
/usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD   -c -o lxdialog/inputbox.o lxdialog/inputbox.c
/usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD   -c -o lxdialog/textbox.o lxdialog/textbox.c
/usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD   -c -o lxdialog/yesno.o lxdialog/yesno.c
/usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD   -c -o lxdialog/menubox.o lxdialog/menubox.c
/usr/bin/gcc -o mconf mconf.o zconf.tab.o lxdialog/checklist.o lxdialog/util.o lxdialog/inputbox.o lxdialog/textbox.o lxdialog/yesno.o lxdialog/menubox.o -lncursesw
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x41f): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x450): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x48f): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x5e7): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x7dc): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x8ca): more undefined references to `libintl_gettext' follow
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x1b12): undefined reference to `libintl_setlocale'
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x1b26): undefined reference to `libintl_bindtextdomain'
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x1b32): undefined reference to `libintl_textdomain'
zconf.tab.o:zconf.tab.c:(.text+0x1ce8): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
zconf.tab.o:zconf.tab.c:(.text+0x52ad): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
zconf.tab.o:zconf.tab.c:(.text+0x6528): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
zconf.tab.o:zconf.tab.c:(.text+0xd9c9): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
zconf.tab.o:zconf.tab.c:(.text+0xd9d7): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
zconf.tab.o:zconf.tab.c:(.text+0xdaea): more undefined references to `libintl_gettext' follow
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [Makefile:312: mconf] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/cepeeng/esp/esp-idf/tools/kconfig'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/cepeeng/esp/esp-idf/tools/kconfig'
lxdialog/check-lxdialog.sh -check /usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD -lncursesw
/usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD   -c -o lxdialog/checklist.o lxdialog/checklist.c
/usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD   -c -o lxdialog/util.o lxdialog/util.c
/usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD   -c -o lxdialog/inputbox.o lxdialog/inputbox.c
/usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD   -c -o lxdialog/textbox.o lxdialog/textbox.c
/usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD   -c -o lxdialog/yesno.o lxdialog/yesno.c
/usr/bin/gcc  -I/usr/include/ncursesw -DCURSES_LOC="<curses.h>"  -DNCURSES_WIDECHAR=1 -DLOCALE -MD   -c -o lxdialog/menubox.o lxdialog/menubox.c
/usr/bin/gcc -o mconf mconf.o zconf.tab.o lxdialog/checklist.o lxdialog/util.o lxdialog/inputbox.o lxdialog/textbox.o lxdialog/yesno.o lxdialog/menubox.o -lncursesw
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x41f): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x450): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x48f): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x5e7): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x7dc): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x8ca): more undefined references to `libintl_gettext' follow
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x1b12): undefined reference to `libintl_setlocale'
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x1b26): undefined reference to `libintl_bindtextdomain'
mconf.o:mconf.c:(.text+0x1b32): undefined reference to `libintl_textdomain'
zconf.tab.o:zconf.tab.c:(.text+0x1ce8): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
zconf.tab.o:zconf.tab.c:(.text+0x52ad): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
zconf.tab.o:zconf.tab.c:(.text+0x6528): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
zconf.tab.o:zconf.tab.c:(.text+0xd9c9): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
zconf.tab.o:zconf.tab.c:(.text+0xd9d7): undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
zconf.tab.o:zconf.tab.c:(.text+0xdaea): more undefined references to `libintl_gettext' follow
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [Makefile:312: mconf] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/cepeeng/esp/esp-idf/tools/kconfig'
make: *** [/home/cepeeng/esp/esp-idf/make/project_config.mk:20: /home/cepeeng/esp/esp-idf/tools/kconfig/mconf] Error 2
I have tried this on two different machines and I have exactly the same errors. I looked on the internet to find a solution but no luck...

What am I missing? I looked for the libintl lib but everything I have done has not fixed it.

Thanks,
Alex

ESP_Angus

Re: undefined reference to `libintl_gettext' error at compile

Postby ESP_Angus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:24 am

Hi Alex,

Did you download the "Windows all-in-one toolchain & MSYS2 zip file", or only the toolchain to install into an existing MSYS2 installation?

Angus

cepeeng

Postby cepeeng » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:04 am

Hi Angus,

I have installed Windows all-in-one toolchain & MSYS using the link: https://dl.espressif.com/dl/esp32_win32 ... 171123.zip

Alex

jhg_34

Postby jhg_34 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:13 pm

Greetings,

Was this ever resolved?

I am using the with esp-idf release/v3.3 and the windows all in one download and I see this problem with libintl.

Cheers,
Joe