Motorola Mobile is not able to connect with ESP32 device

Ritesh

Motorola Mobile is not able to connect with ESP32 device

Postby Ritesh » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi,

We are using ESP-WROOM-32 module for our product development purpose and we are using ESP32 IDF 2.1 for that application development purpose.

Right now, We have created WiFi network into AP mode with channel as 6.

We had tried to connect different mobile phones with our ESP32 device and successfully able to connect except 2 Motorola Mobile Device.

I had checked that it is trying to connect with device and suddenly disconnected and also checked that on UART logs we are getting join and leave messages continuously.

Let me know if anyone has faced this type of issue in their board while using ESP32 IDF 2.1 SDK.

Let me know if that type of issue has been fixed into ESP32 IDF 3.0
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

kolban

Re: Motorola Mobile is not able to connect with ESP32 device

Postby kolban » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:53 pm

If it were me, I'd look to perform a network trace and examine the packets being transmitted between the two. Then I'd compare those packets between a working system and a failing system to see if we can identify a distinction.
Free book on ESP32 available here: https://leanpub.com/kolban-ESP32

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:16 am

kolban wrote:If it were me, I'd look to perform a network trace and examine the packets being transmitted between the two. Then I'd compare those packets between a working system and a failing system to see if we can identify a distinction.
Yes. Exactly we will do same today to address out this issue by comparing with working scenario.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

szundi

Postby szundi » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:35 am

Hi,
I have struggled with 2.1, and then upgraded to 3.0-rc1 and restarted my project. I cannot tell you wether it was the 2.1->3.0-rc1 transition or that I restarted my project from scratch, but i can confirm that 3.0-rc1 is working on my table just now with an Android app and they are working together for hours now constantly connecting and BLE-reading/writing.

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Hi,

We had checked on ESP32 Development board with ESP32 IDF 2.1 and ESP32 IDF 3.0 RC1 with sample wifi AP mode example and it is working fine with that mobile as well means able to connect with Motorola mobile as well.

So, Now, We had some doubt of our ESP-WROOM-32 based development board in which same thing is not working which is strange thing for us as well.

Now, We are going into deep level to figure out issue is from hardware or stack side for connectivity point of view with trace as well
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:33 am

Hi All,

We had checked by enabling few debug statements into WiFi event handler and problem has been solved. so, it seems like issue might be some timing synchronization or something like that while connecting with that type of mobile devices.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati