ESP32 SPP send throughput

gunar.kroeger

Re: ESP32 SPP send throughput

Postby gunar.kroeger » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:01 pm

We should wait for ESP_SPP_WRITE_EVT, then call esp_spp_write() again
Yes, but even so, after a while we get the congestion event.
Try writing a task with an EventGroupHandle_t that waits for the ESP_SPP_WRITE_EVT and then calls esp_spp_write().
This should give the fastest throughput possible, but sadly fails
"Running was invented in 1612 by Thomas Running when he tried to walk twice at the same time."

peterlspot

Postby peterlspot » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:43 am

blueMoodBHD wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:01 am
Hi all,
There is one thing that needs attention here. We can't call esp_spp_write() multiple times in succession. We should wait for ESP_SPP_WRITE_EVT, then call esp_spp_write() again.
So, when do you call esp_spp_write()?If you call it multiple times in succession, please change it and test again.
Thanks.
I am currently calling esp_spp_write() in another task (not the task calling my SPP callbacks). However, I have a spp_congested flag managed by the SPP callback task and the flag is respected before calling esp_spp_write(). Is this fine?

BTW, just to add another observation: with IDF3.1 SPP sending only works well with RedMi 4x and it was extremely slow with other Android devices (such as MiPad, Huawei phone).

Today I tried IDF v3.2 using the same SPP app, I can reach much higher sending speed with the MiPad that fails before. It seems that IDF v3.2 contains some SPP inter-operability improvements??? Can someone from ESPRESSIF confirm this?

Meanwhile,I will try IDF v3.2 with other failed Android devices later...

Raviteja_K

Postby Raviteja_K » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:48 am

Did anyone got solution for this???