Need help to start WiFi, EThernet, BT and GSM Interfaces in parallel as per requirement

Ritesh

Need help to start WiFi, EThernet, BT and GSM Interfaces in parallel as per requirement

Postby Ritesh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:22 am

Hi Espressif Systems Developer,

We are working on couple of few ESP32 Modules for our product development purpose and we need little bit help to execute WiFi + BLE, WiFi + Ethernet, BLE + Ethernet, WiFi + GSM etc as per project requirement

So, Right now, I have looked into TCP IP Adapater Init component and found following interface till now.

/* TODO: add Ethernet interface */
typedef enum {
TCPIP_ADAPTER_IF_STA = 0, /**< ESP32 station interface */
TCPIP_ADAPTER_IF_AP, /**< ESP32 soft-AP interface */
TCPIP_ADAPTER_IF_ETH, /**< ESP32 ethernet interface */
TCPIP_ADAPTER_IF_MAX
} tcpip_adapter_if_t;

So, I didn't find BLE and GSM related interface details for now. So, Do we need to include details to use BT and GSM Interface as well or not?

Also, How we can manage multiple connectivity if want to use both Interface at a time and what are the pros/cons for that? Is there any configuration required to do it?

Let me know if need any more details regarding that.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

kolban

Re: Need help to start WiFi, EThernet, BT and GSM Interfaces in parallel as per requirement

Postby kolban » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:43 pm

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that there is no support in ESP-IDF for TCP/IP over Bluetooth or GSM wireless. Is there somewhere you found that the TCP/IP stack as supplied with ESP-IDF claimed to support those networks?
Free book on ESP32 available here: https://leanpub.com/kolban-ESP32

Ritesh

Re: Need help to start WiFi, EThernet, BT and GSM Interfaces in parallel as per requirement

Postby Ritesh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:44 pm

kolban wrote:I'm going to stick my neck out and say that there is no support in ESP-IDF for TCP/IP over Bluetooth or GSM wireless. Is there somewhere you found that the TCP/IP stack as supplied with ESP-IDF claimed to support those networks?
Hi,

Right now, We are developing GSM based component for our product which is PPP based component and we have successfully verified it with multiple test-cases. So, I have also looked into LWIP component and found support for PPPoS as well for PPP COMMUNICATION over GSM.

So, I am just worried about that do we need to add support into TCP IP Adaper init regarding GSM interface like WiFi and Ethernet.

Also, We have requirement to have dual connection at a time like WiFi and Ethernet or WiFi and GSM something like that. So, How it can be configured and used both interface at a time together?

Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

xvinny

Postby xvinny » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:23 pm

Ritesh wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi,

Right now, We are developing GSM based component for our product which is PPP based component and we have successfully verified it with multiple test-cases. So, I have also looked into LWIP component and found support for PPPoS as well for PPP COMMUNICATION over GSM.

So, I am just worried about that do we need to add support into TCP IP Adaper init regarding GSM interface like WiFi and Ethernet.

Also, We have requirement to have dual connection at a time like WiFi and Ethernet or WiFi and GSM something like that. So, How it can be configured and used both interface at a time together?

Hi,

I'm already looking for this. In fact, I had to develop something to manage both connections (GSM and WiFi), avoiding the collision between them. I started from the the loboris ESP32-PPOS-EXAMPLE (https://github.com/loboris/ESP32-PPPOS-EXAMPLE).
What we need is something like Android ConnectivityManager (https://developer.android.com/reference ... ityManager).

Saudações :)

Vinicius
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Tell me if you knows how to use the Programmer module of Windows Calc and I'm gonna say who you are.

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:36 pm

xvinny wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:23 pm
Ritesh wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi,

Hi,

I'm already looking for this. In fact, I had to develop something to manage both connections (GSM and WiFi), avoiding the collision between them. I started from the the loboris ESP32-PPOS-EXAMPLE (https://github.com/loboris/ESP32-PPPOS-EXAMPLE).
What we need is something like Android ConnectivityManager (https://developer.android.com/reference ... ityManager).

Saudações :)

Vinicius
Yes. You are correct.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati