Finding the Data Buffer before sending the DAC pins, I need to apply an FFT to the signals.

zeitounian

Finding the Data Buffer before sending the DAC pins, I need to apply an FFT to the signals.

Postby zeitounian » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:59 am

Good morning, I know the fourier transform and I need to apply a signal to modulate a led system, but I do not know where the data buffer is, can someone help me.

ESP_Sprite

Re: Finding the Data Buffer before sending the DAC pins, I need to apply an FFT to the signals.

Postby ESP_Sprite » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:41 am

Your description doesn't make sense. Data buffer for what? What are you trying to do in the first place, as in what's the bigger picture, what problem are you trying to solve?

fly135

Re: Finding the Data Buffer before sending the DAC pins, I need to apply an FFT to the signals.

Postby fly135 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:30 pm

zeitounian wrote:Good morning, I know the fourier transform and I need to apply a signal to modulate a led system, but I do not know where the data buffer is, can someone help me.
Hire yourself a good programmer because this is only the first in a long line of questions you need to ask to get the job done.

John A

zeitounian

Postby zeitounian » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:04 pm

ESP_Sprite wrote:Your description doesn't make sense. Data buffer for what? What are you trying to do in the first place, as in what's the bigger picture, what problem are you trying to solve?
okay, I think it was not clear enough, I need to process the audio signal packet before the sound is modulated in the DAC, and take some frequencies to modulate a PWM on a pin.

ESP_Sprite

Postby ESP_Sprite » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:32 am

zeitounian wrote:
ESP_Sprite wrote:Your description doesn't make sense. Data buffer for what? What are you trying to do in the first place, as in what's the bigger picture, what problem are you trying to solve?
okay, I think it was not clear enough, I need to process the audio signal packet before the sound is modulated in the DAC, and take some frequencies to modulate a PWM on a pin.
I'm still missing a lot of information here. Your program sends data to the DAC, presumably over I2S; why can't you intercept it before you send it to the I2S driver? Again, can you tell us what problem you're trying to solve instead of how to implement what you think is the best solution?