ESP32 Signal Generator for Sine, Square and Triangle Waves. With serial and web control, memory presets and more....

corz.org

ESP32 Signal Generator for Sine, Square and Triangle Waves. With serial and web control, memory presets and more....

Postby corz.org » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:59 pm

My first ESP32 project: ESP32 Signal Generator

Enjoy!

[edit: new link - Signal Generator now has a proper page]
Last edited by corz.org on Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

corz.org

Re: ESP32 Signal Generator for Sine, Square and Triangle Waves. With serial and web control, memory presets and more....

Postby corz.org » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:43 pm

I don't recall when I posted this, though I suspect alcohol was involved. At any rate, there have been a fair few developments since then (I spend all my spare moments on this!); loops, macros and all sorts. As well as big-fixes, of course.

This code + an ESP32 device == THE signal generator for the masses.

Of course, the masses don't yet realise they need such a thing.

Och well. One day.

;o)

corz.org

Re: ESP32 Signal Generator for Sine, Square and Triangle Waves. With serial and web control, memory presets and more....

Postby corz.org » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:58 am

Good programs, like good art, are never finished. They are simply abandoned. This hasn't happened yet, and updates are continual until I say otherwise! All those wee "be good if it could do this" things are getting slipped in, as well as stuff undocumented anywhere.

I had hoped, by posting this here where ESP32 geeks are, that I might receive some feedback, preferably along the lines of "Oh you stupid f*ck! Don't do it like that! Do it like this!", to which I would reply, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Oh magnificent one!" and I would learn, which is the goal.

But if you are instead saying, "F*ck me! Even on your first try you are like 10 x better than us pros", then by all mean, Observe Radio Silence!

ESP_krzychb

Postby ESP_krzychb » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:31 am

The application is a piece of art. Like PCB art but for code.
I like your approach to inline documentation. I feel like reading a novel.
Getting ChatGPT to do the presets is the cherry on top.

corz.org

Postby corz.org » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:41 am

Thank you.

And well spotted! I often wonder if Chat GPT will be writing everything for us soon enough.
When we do code, it will be purely for fun. Or maybe just brain exercise.

ESP_krzychb

Postby ESP_krzychb » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:52 pm

I am getting surprised with GitHub Copilot's performance. It is fun to use and a good brain exercise. My experiences are pretty much similar to what is presented in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDd71IUIgpg

corz.org

Postby corz.org » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:42 am

Hah! Even simple autocomplete drives me nuts, this would drive me insane!
Maybe just for fun, of an evening... :lol:

Besides, the guy himself says I should probably avoid it!

If there was a co-pilot-like app that waited until I was finished a section and then (like Clippy) jumped in and said, "Oi! That there is a bug waiting to happen. And that's inefficient. And that is just plain stupid! Are you on medication!?", yeah.. I could definitely use something like that!