anyone got code for an inverter driver?

drspastic

anyone got code for an inverter driver?

Postby drspastic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:55 am

hi, im looking for esp32 code for a sine wave pcm inverter, 3 phase or single phase, hopefully with pwm and analogue feedback.
if such does not yet exist, is there anyone willing to write it for a small fee?
there is plenty of code for pic, arduino etc and im sure it can be transferred easy but im not that great at even simple coding yet.

my ideal would be with a small oled to show status, switchable single or 3 phase, analogue feedback to control pwm (through a potentiometer so i can control overall voltage output, with a rotary encoder to set frequency.

it will need a programmable delay to ensure no 2 igbt modules are active at the same time (kaboom!)

a simple web interface would be an affordable luxury!

i am sure a program like this would have a very wide appeal to other constructors as it could be used not only for solar power projects, machine/cnc control, but even such esoteric uses such as a massively powerful class d audio amp, and given the right output stage and filtering, a possible ham radio transmitter! whatever modulation source you decide to feed into the feedback input. maybe even accept input via bluetooth or wifi....but maybe im taking it too far now!

switching frequency should be available from dc, to whatever maximum an esp32 can handle.

tommeyers

Re: anyone got code for an inverter driver?

Postby tommeyers » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:35 pm

IT Professional, Maker
Santiago, Dominican Republic

drspastic

Re: anyone got code for an inverter driver?

Postby drspastic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:35 pm

tommeyers wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:35 pm
Where have you searched?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.homema ... rcuit/amp/
i have seen this guys stuff before and as usual it is shaky to say the least. i wont do my application with any efficiency as i dont need step up transformer and want to just use high voltage input with capacitors to act as a flywheel.
lf inverters definitely have their place but efficiency drops compared with the situation where you can have one or multiple high voltage dc lines to start with as is so often the case when using ubiquitous solar panels designed for string use. copper prices as well.
looking at those waveforms at even such a low frequency stinks of inefficiency. a higher rate look up table or algorithm (not a problem with the power of esp32) is a must.
so unfortunately i will throw this back to the crowd and hope some more contemporary solution turns up before i throw it to fiver and get burned