Using ESP32Cam

alanesq

Using ESP32Cam

Postby alanesq » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:00 am

I have produced a sketch which I hope may help/encourage people to get started programming the esp32cam modules as I personally found it difficult to get started myself, but they are really impressive devices especially for the price and well worth having a look.

It is for the Arduino IDE and does not require any additional libraries (apart from esp32 support)
It shows how to capture an image and save to sd card, live stream video, serve some web pages with control buttons and how to use 1bit mode for sd card access so that you can still make use of a couple of io pins and the flash LED.
It could make a good starting point for many project ideas.

https://github.com/alanesq/esp32cam-demo

I have tried to make the sketch as easy to follow as possible with lots of comments etc.
I post it here in the hope it will help others and also in the hope that people can suggest improvements etc. and I can learn more myself.

superjoe

Re: Using ESP32Cam

Postby superjoe » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:32 pm

I bookmarked this. I'm doing ESP Now and RF right now, but I want to get back to the CAM.

I want to feed a webcam to my web page.
I'll see it in my web server, but I want my Mom to see it.

It's a hummingbird bush.

alanesq

Re: Using ESP32Cam

Postby alanesq » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:28 pm

I have now modified the sketch to include support for three gpio pins rather than just two.
I just discovered that pin 16 can be used as input. I had not been able to get it to work when I experimented with it but it turns out it is used by the memory but you can get away with using it as a button input etc.

I have also added a procedure showing how to get raw RGB data from the image which I had been struggling with until now.