Intermittent sleep without reconnecting BLE

swargir

Intermittent sleep without reconnecting BLE

Postby swargir » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:27 am

Hi all.
I’m developing a device based on ESP32-WROOM-32d. The device acts as a BLE-client and polls the BLE-server(cc2650) every 5 seconds. The rest of the time he sleeps(light sleep). The problem is that waking up and reconnecting takes a lot of time and the consumption is almost the same as not sleeping at all.
Is there any way to squeeze the minimum consumption in this situation?

ESP_Island

Re: Intermittent sleep without reconnecting BLE

Postby ESP_Island » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:10 am

swargir wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:27 am
Hi all.
I’m developing a device based on ESP32-WROOM-32d. The device acts as a BLE-client and polls the BLE-server(cc2650) every 5 seconds. The rest of the time he sleeps(light sleep). The problem is that waking up and reconnecting takes a lot of time and the consumption is almost the same as not sleeping at all.
Is there any way to squeeze the minimum consumption in this situation?

Hi Swargir ,
Why not keep the connection and turn on bt light sleep? E.g., Set the connection interval to 2s. I think the power consumption will be less than the case doing reconnection every 5s.

swargir

Postby swargir » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:27 am

ESP_Island wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:10 am
Hi Swargir ,
Why not keep the connection and turn on bt light sleep? E.g., Set the connection interval to 2s. I think the power consumption will be less than the case doing reconnection every 5s.
I use a light sleep that breaks the connection. Is it possible to fall asleep without reconnecting BLE?

thoraz

Postby thoraz » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:33 pm

Have you found a solution? I'm in the same status.