1. Using pretty much the exact same circuit as Sparkfun's ESP32 Thing (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13907), except we have Rev 1 of silicon.
2. ESP-IDF as of June 12, 2017
3. Wake up, perform wifi scan, record data (including current RTC time and reset cause) to flash, go to sleep for 5 minutes.
Code: Select all
esp_deep_sleep_enable_timer_wakeup(300 * 1000000);
4. Repeat 2 for a while
5. Download contents of flash and compare time difference between successive wake ups.
1. Sleep period seems to be very inaccurate and at times all over the place (see attached chart).
2. Reset cause for all but a handful wake ups was 5 (deep sleep).
3. At some point, sleep time seems to drop to close to 0 for a significant amount of time, then at sleeps for about 10 hours, starts jumping wildly, and then resettles at 10 minutes for some reason.
I posted about this issue back in April with Rev 0 (see here for reference: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1758)