RTOS running on one core only

sankd420

Re: RTOS running on one core only

Postby sankd420 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:36 am

Ok I have also have an issue where my esp32 from DO-IT using NODEMCU-12E board in boards manager doesnt accept rtos and throws error in arduino i am so frustrated by this especially because i specially ordered these because of the rtos and dual core capability.Can any one of u please tell me how to run rtos on the DO-IT board,i have tries this but returns an error saying that xtraskcreate doesnt exist or xtask"anything here" is not defined and the code doesnt even compile , I am too frustrated about this please can anyone fix this???/

ESP_Dazz

Postby ESP_Dazz » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:30 pm

sankd420 wrote: Ok I have also have an issue where my esp32 from DO-IT using NODEMCU-12E board in boards manager doesnt accept rtos and throws error in arduino i am so frustrated by this especially because i specially ordered these because of the rtos and dual core capability.Can any one of u please tell me how to run rtos on the DO-IT board,i have tries this but returns an error saying that xtraskcreate doesnt exist or xtask"anything here" is not defined and the code doesnt even compile , I am too frustrated about this please can anyone fix this???/
Could you please post the specific error output you're getting?

tommeyers

Postby tommeyers » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:59 pm

Thank you, you are more patient than I would be.

Another way to argue is:

If running RTOS on one processor means that CTOS on the other processor is not an OS then running CTOS on one processor means that RTOS on the other processor is not an OS. Together that would mean that there is no OS on either processor. Which is ridiculous.

Please, continue your innovative work on esp-32.

Tom Meyers
IT Professional, Maker
Santiago, Dominican Republic