Received SYSTEM_EVENT_STA_WPS_ER_SUCCESS event but can't access internet

nmtrivedi

Received SYSTEM_EVENT_STA_WPS_ER_SUCCESS event but can't access internet

Postby nmtrivedi » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:39 am

Hi,

I am working on ESP32_Core_board_v2. I am trying to connect my device with AP using WPS. I get SYSTEM_EVENT_STA_WPS_ER_SUCCESS event, but the device can't connect with internet afterwords. I am able to connect other devices with the AP and they are able to access internet successfully. Also there is no MAC binding in the router. Below is the API flow I have used:

esp_wifi_set_mode(WIFI_MODE_STA)
esp_wifi_wps_enable(WPS_TYPE_PBC)
esp_wifi_start()
esp_wifi_wps_start(0)

After these APIs, when I press WPS button on AP, I get SYSTEM_EVENT_STA_WPS_ER_SUCCESS event but there is no internet access with the device. Does the SYSTEM_EVENT_STA_WPS_ER_SUCCESS event guarantee that WPS is connected with AP and device can access internet?

WiFive

Re: Received SYSTEM_EVENT_STA_WPS_ER_SUCCESS event but can't access internet

Postby WiFive » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:54 am

You may have to call esp_wifi_connect and esp_wifi_wps_disable once you receive the success event.

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:45 pm

WiFive wrote:You may have to call esp_wifi_connect and esp_wifi_wps_disable once you receive the success event.
Hi,

Do I need to call esp_wifi_connect and esp_wifi_wps_disable APIs once I get SYSTEM_EVENT_STA_WPS_ER_SUCCESS callback into WiFi event handler to access external network if Router has external network access?

Also what is the purpose to disable WPS using esp_wifi_wps_disable after getting SYSTEM_EVENT_STA_WPS_ER_SUCCESS callback?

Please provide me some more details to call above 2 mentioned APIs to connect my device with external router using WPS mode.

Right now, My Router has no any external network access and I have executed following APIs to connect my device with router in WPS mode.
esp_wifi_set_mode(WIFI_MODE_STA)
esp_wifi_wps_enable(WPS_TYPE_PBC)
esp_wifi_start()
esp_wifi_wps_start(0)
Let me know if you have much idea for this.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:04 pm

Hi,

I have called esp_wifi_wps_disable in SYSTEM_EVENT_STA_WPS_ER_SUCCESS case and it suddenly stopped STA connection with router which is connected into WPS mode.

Let me know if you have any idea for this.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati

WiFive

Postby WiFive » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:13 pm

Well then probably shouldn't call it there, maybe after connected callback. WPS not well documented.

Ritesh

Postby Ritesh » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:34 pm

WiFive wrote:Well then probably shouldn't call it there, maybe after connected callback. WPS not well documented.
Hi,

Do you have any idea when Espressif System is planning to release proper WPS supported functionality?

We need procedure to test WPS functionality using examples into ESP32 board.

Let me know if you have any information for that.
Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati