ESP-32 BLE-MESH-CONSOLE

nitesh2508

ESP-32 BLE-MESH-CONSOLE

Postby nitesh2508 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:44 pm

I have been working on ESP-32 BLE MESH Console provisioner and Node example which are provided in the Examples folder.
I would like to know anyone has setup provisioner through console commands which will be very helpful for my project.
I have already gone through other sample examples and documentations but i am not able to find right console commands to configure my node as provisioner.
PLEASE HELP.!!!!
Attachments
ble_mesh_console_main.c
(6.7 KiB) Downloaded 839 times

Wangcheng

Re: ESP-32 BLE-MESH-CONSOLE

Postby Wangcheng » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:02 am

nitesh2508 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:44 pm
I have been working on ESP-32 BLE MESH Console provisioner and Node example which are provided in the Examples folder.
I would like to know anyone has setup provisioner through console commands which will be very helpful for my project.
I have already gone through other sample examples and documentations but i am not able to find right console commands to configure my node as provisioner.
PLEASE HELP.!!!!
Hi nitesh,
I can give you a reference document.

# Introduction

This demo helps you to quickly implement the ESP BLE Mesh functionality in your applications. For example, you can implement this demo on your device working as a BLE Mesh Provisioner to provisioning unprovisioned devices, so they can join a mesh network, or working as a node to control the state of lights.

Before starting, you could enter the `help` command in your serial port tool to check all the commands that are already supported in this demo.

# Project Structure

The folder `ble_mesh_provisioner` contains the following files and subfolders:

| File Name |Description |
| ----------------------|------------------------- |
| `ble_mesh_adapter` | Adapts the codes for initialization by using the console. |
| `ble_mesh_cfg_srv_model` | Stores all the structs related to the initialization of models. |
| `ble_mesh_console_lib` | Stores utilities for converting data formats. |
| `ble_mesh_console_main` | The main function that initializes the console and registers all the commands |
| `ble_mesh_console_system` | Implements the system-related commands: `restart`, `free`, `make`. |
| `ble_mesh_reg_cfg_client_cmd`| Implements the **Configuration Client** model related command: `bmccm`. |
| `ble_mesh_reg_gen_onoff_client_cmd`| Implements the **Generic OnOff Client** model related command: `bmgocm`.|
| `ble_mesh_reg_test_perf_client_cmd` | Implements the performance test related command: `bmcperf`. |
| `ble_mesh_register_node_cmd` | Implements the node related commands: `bmreg`, `bmoob`, `bminit`, `bmpbearer`, `bmtxpower`. |
| `ble_mesh_register_provisioner_cmd` | Implements the provisioner related commands: `bmpreg`, `bmpdev`, `bmpbearer`, `bmpgetn`, `bmpaddn`,`bmpbind`,`bmpkey`. |
| `register_bluetooth` | Implements the command to get the MAC address of a BLE device: `btmac` |

# What You Need

Download and flash the `ble_mesh_console/ble_mesh_provisioner` project to your ESP32 development board and then use commands below to implement this demo.

## Implement the demo as a provisioner

The commands that are related to implementing this demo as a provisioner are shown in the table below:

| Command |Description |
| ----------------------|------------------------- |
| `bmreg` | ble mesh: provisioner/node register callback |
| `bmpreg` | ble mesh provisioner: register callback |
| `bmoob` | ble mesh: provisioner/node config OOB parameters|
| `bminit` | ble mesh: provisioner/node init |
| `bmpbearer` | ble mesh provisioner: enable/disable different bearers |
| `bmpdev`| ble mesh provisioner: add/delete unprovisioned device |

Please follow the steps below to implement this demo as a provisioner.

1. Enter `bmreg` to register the `ble_mesh_prov_cb` and `ble_mesh_model_cb` callback functions.
* `ble_mesh_prov_cb` handles all events triggered when your board is provisioning other devices.
* `ble_mesh_model_cb` handles all events triggered when any server model of your board receives or sends any message.

2. Enter `bmpreg` to initialize your board as a provisioner, which registers the `ble_mesh_prov_adv_cb` callback function.
* `ble_mesh_prov_adv_cb` will be triggered when your board receives an unprovisioned Device beacon broadcasted by an unprovisioned device.

3. Enter `bmoob -p 0x5` to initialize all the information needed for a device to be a provisioner.
* The parameter `-p` stands for provisioner and its value `0x5` indicates the starting address assigned to the node by the provisioner.

4. Enter `bminit -m 0x01` to initialize the model that is necessary for the provisioner's provisioning.
* The parameter `-m` stands for model and its value `0x01` indicates the model ID of the **Configuration Client** model.

After this command, the initialization now has been completed.

5. Enter `bmpbearer -b 0x3 -e 1` to enable bearers, which include the PB-ADV bearer and the PB-GATT bearer.
* The parameter `-b` stands for "bearer" and its value `0x3` indicates both the PB-ADV bearers and the PB-GATT bearers are enabled;
* The parameter `-e` stands for "enable" and its value `1` indicates to enable the bearer.

After this command, the provisioner now can send and receive messages.

6. Enter `bmpdev -z add -d MAC_address -b 0x3 -a 0 -f 1` to start provisioning an unprovisioned device.

* The parameter `MAC_address` indicates the MAC address of the unprovisioned device. Here, you can use the `btmac` command to query the unprovisioned device's MAC address.
* `-f 1` indicates that the device will be immediately provisioning.

## 2.2 Implement the demo as a node

The commands that are related to implementing this demo as a node are shown in the table below:

| Command |Description |
| -------------|------------------------- |
| `bmreg` | Adapt the original initialization method to the way it is applied to the console. |
| `bmoob` | ble mesh: provisioner/node config OOB parameters |
| `bminit` | ble mesh: provisioner/node init |
| `bmnbearer` | ble mesh node: enable/disable different bearers |

Please follow the steps below to implement this demo as a node.

1. Enter `bmreg` to register the `ble_mesh_prov_cb` and `ble_mesh_model_cb` callback functions.
* `ble_mesh_prov_cb` handles all events triggered when your board is provisioning other devices.
* `ble_mesh_model_cb` handles all events triggered when any server model of your board receives or sends any message.

3. Enter `bmoob -o 0 -x 0` to initialize the OOB information of your board as a node

3. Enter `bminit -m 0x1000` to initialize the model that is necessary for the provisioner's provisioning.
* The parameter `-m` stands for model and its value `0x1000` indicates the model ID of the **Generic Onoff Server** model.

4. Enter `bmpbearer -b 0x3 -e 1` to enable bearers, which include the PB-ADV bearer and the PB-GATT bearer.
* The parameter `-b` stands for "bearer" and its value `0x3` indicates both the PB-ADV bearers and the PB-GATT bearers are enabled;
* The parameter `-e` stands for "enable" and its value `1` indicates to enable the bearer.

After this command, the provisioner now can send and receive messages.

# Example Walkthrough

## Main Entry Point

The program’s entry point is the `app_main()` function.

## Initialization

The code block below first initializes the device's Bluetooth-related functions (including the Bluetooth and BLE Mesh), and its console.

### Initializing the Bluetooth

```c
esp_err_t res;
nvs_flash_init();
// init and enable bluetooth
res = bluetooth_init();
if (res) {
printf("esp32_bluetooth_init failed (ret %d)", res);
```

This demo calls the `bluetooth_init` function to:

1. First initialize the non-volatile storage library, which allows saving key-value pairs in flash memory and is used by some components. You can save the node's keys and configuration information at `menuconfig` --> `Bluetooth Mesh support` --> `Store Bluetooth Mesh key and configuration persistently`:

```c
esp_err_t ret = nvs_flash_init();
if (ret == ESP_ERR_NVS_NO_FREE_PAGES || ret == ESP_ERR_NVS_NEW_VERSION_FOUND) {
ESP_ERROR_CHECK(nvs_flash_erase());
ret = nvs_flash_init();
}
ESP_ERROR_CHECK( ret );
```

2. Initializes the BT controller by first creating a BT controller configuration structure named `esp_bt_controller_config_t` with default settings generated by the `BT_CONTROLLER_INIT_CONFIG_DEFAULT()` macro. The BT controller implements the Host Controller Interface (HCI) on the controller side, the Link Layer (LL) and the Physical Layer (PHY). The BT Controller is invisible to the user applications and deals with the lower layers of the BLE stack. The controller configuration includes setting the BT controller stack size, priority and HCI baud rate. With the settings created, the BT controller is initialized and enabled with the `esp_bt_controller_init()` function:

```c
esp_bt_controller_config_t bt_cfg = BT_CONTROLLER_INIT_CONFIG_DEFAULT();
ret = esp_bt_controller_init(&bt_cfg);
```

Next, the controller is enabled in BLE Mode.

```c
ret = esp_bt_controller_enable(ESP_BT_MODE_BLE);
```
The controller should be enabled in `ESP_BT_MODE_BTDM`, if you want to use the dual mode (BLE + BT). There are four Bluetooth modes supported:

* `ESP_BT_MODE_IDLE`: Bluetooth not running
* `ESP_BT_MODE_BLE`: BLE mode
* `ESP_BT_MODE_CLASSIC_BT`: BT Classic mode
* `ESP_BT_MODE_BTDM`: Dual mode (BLE + BT Classic)

After the initialization of the BT controller, the Bluedroid stack, which includes the common definitions and APIs for both BT Classic and BLE, is initialized and enabled by using:

```c
ret = esp_bluedroid_init();
ret = esp_bluedroid_enable();
```

### Initializing the Console

This demo calls the `initialize_console()` function:

```c
#if CONFIG_STORE_HISTORY
initialize_filesystem();
#endif
initialize_console();
```

### Registering Commands

This demo runs the following codes to register commands:

```c
/* Register commands */
esp_console_register_help_command();
register_system();
register_bluetooth();
ble_mesh_register_mesh_node();
ble_mesh_register_mesh_test_performance_client();
#if (CONFIG_BT_MESH_GENERIC_ONOFF_CLI)
ble_mesh_register_gen_onoff_client();
#endif
#if (CONFIG_BT_MESH_PROVISIONER)
ble_mesh_register_mesh_provisioner();
#endif
#if (CONFIG_BT_MESH_CFG_CLI)
ble_mesh_register_configuration_client_model();
#endif
```

## Main Program

The main program constantly reads data from the command line. `esp_console_run` will parse the argument and call the callback function of the previously initialized command.

```c
/* Main loop */
while (true) {
/* Get a line using linenoise.
* The line is returned when ENTER is pressed.
*/
char *line = linenoise(prompt);
if (line == NULL) { /* Ignore empty lines */
continue;
}
/* Add the command to the history */
linenoiseHistoryAdd(line);

/* Try to run the command */
int ret;
esp_err_t err = esp_console_run(line, &ret);
/* linenoise allocates line buffer on the heap, so need to free it */
linenoiseFree(line);
}
return;
}
```

nitesh2508

Postby nitesh2508 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:14 am

Thanks for your reply!!

nitesh2508

Postby nitesh2508 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:59 pm

Is there any command through which i can send message and receive message?
i want to send a message using console?
Like can i say set Nitesh on console?using help i found there is no such command is there any other way i can manually send msg which i want to send?

Wangcheng

Postby Wangcheng » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:43 am

nitesh2508 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:59 pm
Like can i say set Nitesh on console?using help i found there is no such command is there any other way i can manually send msg which i want to send?
Hi nitesh,

1. You can add commands yourself to support sending packets. How to send a packet you can refer to other demos.
2. This demo is not universal and is used for BLE MESH performance testing.
3. If you encounter any problems during the process of adding commands,We can help you solve.

nitesh2508

Postby nitesh2508 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:49 am

Do u have any example which will be appropriate to my project as i am looking for Custom commands when i say get or set it should get the packet.
Can u share any documents which will be helpful for me like add command document if u have as i am new to BLE mesh.

nitesh2508

Postby nitesh2508 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:45 pm

Wangcheng wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:43 am
nitesh2508 wrote:
Hi nitesh,

1. You can add commands yourself to support sending packets. How to send a packet you can refer to other demos.
3. If you encounter any problems during the process of adding commands,We can help you solve.
Also, could you let me know which demos show examples of sending/receiving custom packets in a BLE Mesh network? Thanks in advance.

nitesh2508

Postby nitesh2508 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:10 pm

Wangcheng wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:43 am
nitesh2508 wrote:
Hi nitesh,

I want to use BLE mesh to send/receive custom packets from a provisioner to multiple devices nodes (ESP32) provisioned by provisioner example given by the Espressif.

I'm new to mesh and cannot find any suitable model to send/receive customs messages.
Anybody here could point me to the correct Mesh model to start with (so I can customize to send/receive packets) ?

Right now i have two ESP32 module, one module has Provisioner Example running on it and other with node example provided by ESP.
I am able to provision the node with the example given but i would like to send Custom commands to that node which has already provisioned.
Thanks
Nitesh Chavan

Cabbi_

Postby Cabbi_ » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi,

I'm new in BLE MEsh and I'm very interested in sending custom commands/data from one node to another, did you succeeded?
In case, can you please share the how?

Wangcheng

Postby Wangcheng » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:20 am

Cabbi_ wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:34 pm
Hi,

I'm new in BLE MEsh and I'm very interested in sending custom commands/data from one node to another, did you succeeded?
In case, can you please share the how?
Hi,
Use the following command to achieve the function you want, if you have questions you can look at the specific implementation of the command.

bmreg
bmccm -z reg
bmoob -p 0x10
bminit -m 0x02001
bmpkey -z netkey -n 1 -k 0x3dc12485e53144b2a1151a5f41115e
bmpkey -z appkey -n 1 -k 0x27303619a5275d3f40502f222c3a -a 0
bmpbearer -b 1 -e 1
bmpbind -a 0 -e 0x01 -m 0x2001 -c 0x02C4 -n 0x01
bmpaddn -o 0x0 -a 17 -e 1 -n 1 -d 0x24632860193d323b2ceb444b527d -u 0x240ac4087dfe00000000000000000000
bmpaddn -o 0x0 -a 17 -e 1 -n 1 -d 0x24632860193d323b2ceb444b527d -u 0x30aea480650a00000000000000000000
bmcperf -z init -s 200 -l 7 -n 35 // [35-200]
bmtpcvm -z init
bmtpcvm -z start -p 5 -n 200 -o 0xC302C4 -u 17 -t 7 -a 0 -i 1 -d 1
bmcperf -z destroy

bmreg
bmoob -o 0 -y 0
bminit -m 0x2000
bmnbearer -b 1 -e 1
bmnnwk -k 0x3dc12485e53144b2a1151a5f41115e -n 1 -u 17 -a 0x27303619a5275d3f40502f222c3a -d 0x24632860193d323b2ceb444b527d -i 0 -g 0xC000
bmsperf -z init -p 200
bmsperf -z destroy