gatt_server_service_table not working in esp-idf 4

chesham71

gatt_server_service_table not working in esp-idf 4

Postby chesham71 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:47 pm

If I build and flash the gatt_server_service_table example in esp-idf 4.0 (https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/tr ... vice_table). I can only see one characteristic in nRFConnect. This has the UUID 0xFF01.

If I change this UUID to 0xFF05 rebuild and flash, nRFConnect still shows only one characteristic with the original UUID of 0xFF01!? I thought I might be editing the wrong file so I also changed the char_value, and on reading that one characteristic I can see the new values.

As far as I can see, the example has one profile with one service. This service has three characteristics. Why is only one of these characteristics showing in nRFConnect?

Any hints would be really helpful.

Tim

chesham71

Re: gatt_server_service_table not working in esp-idf 4

Postby chesham71 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:36 am

Turns out that nRFConnect caches some information (in Android at least). So to update anything you need to turn off bluetooth, "Forget" the paired device and it refreshes with the new information.
That's why a gatt read event gave the new values but the old info about the service having only a single characteristic and its UUID are cached and only refreshed if you "forget" the device.

Hope this helps someone.